PDA

View Full Version : American Stripers

Ryan
08-05-2005, 10:36 PM
This is sort of a late report, but I just wanted to mention about my guided trip with Andy about a week and a half ago. It was my first time striper fishing, and being guided, I caught 9 fish, one sucker at 6lbs, a squaw fish at like 4lbs, and the biggest striper at 9lbs! When the day was done, I was asking myself why I hadn't done this before? I drifted it the week after and my friend and I hooked like 5 fish in the morning and later on, it died. I had to buy all the gear, flies, tippits, leaders and everything, I could see how buying clousers and bigger flies could cast some $$$ so I am tying them up now. It's really addicting fishing, and I'm hooked, can't wait for my next trip out on monday! Anyways, thankyou Andy... the picture is by far the best fishing picture I have in my collection! I would post it, but he sent me a really big one which is framed on the wall above my fly tying bench.

I would highly reccomend Andy as a guide, he really knows his stuff... when he would tell me there is going to be a school of big stripers comming up, sure enough, there they were, when he would tell me the river is shallow, drops off, or has a snag... he was always right on. He paid attention, got me into the sweet spots, helped me w/ my casting w/ shooting heads, he did some excellent work w/ his camera on my fish picture and sent it to me when we were done, and to top it all off, when the day got really hot, we jumped in and took a little swim! :lol: When we were done, we were both refreshed... he got back on the oars, and I got back to fishing. I will remember that trip for a long time. If anyone wants to save some time on the learning curve of striper fishing, I would highly reccomend getting Andy as a guide. What a great fishing trip... I'm hooked on striper fishing!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Great Ryan.

I was excited when Andy told me you did well.

When I want a good chance to catch a Striper I try to get into Andy's boat.

I will try to get the picture up here or on the Gallery.

Here is your picture from Andy

http://www.kiene.com/gallery/albums/Stripers/ryan_striper_009_finale_for.sized.jpg

Ryan, It is on our Gallery under Stripers now. Very nice............

Adam Grace
08-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Andy has kindly guided me into stripers as well, he is very good.

Striper fishing is tons of fun, the strong grab will stop your heart.

Yeah Stripers :!:

Wednesday Caster
08-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Things are looking good with some success stories of recent :D . From Ripdlip's stripe and Ryan's report of the 9#er, I'm wondering should I bring the 7# or the 9# for my upcoming visit to the A 3rd week of August? Intended as a 4 day work trip :wink: which has already been cut down to 3 :x so I'm trying to minimize gear and hopeful I can make it out on a AM and a PM hunt at least on one day. Tied a few chartruse/white clousers already. Should I be working on any other color combos and how long are they 2" 3"?
Thanks All!!!!
Quinn