PDA

View Full Version : my biggest...

ripdlip
08-05-2005, 07:54 AM
My new best at 20lbs....just wanted to share.
http://www.calfishing.com/albums/Other-Fish/aai.sized.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Wow...........I want one of those!!!

Andy Guibord has been doing better the past few weeks on Stripers in the lower American River.

We heard of a 27 pound fish caught wading at Paradise Beach in River park on the American recently too. That is unreal to think about.

Andy said he saw a 50 pounder on Wednesday.

We have some nice new custom Striper flies now.

August/September should be very good now.

Adam Grace
08-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Congratulations :!:

Very nice striper.

Good work on landing that beauty :!:

Eat your heart out David :P :lol:

David Lee
08-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Ripdlip -

Very nice Stripe !!

What fly did it eat :?:

David

Hairstacker
08-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Ripdlip, great fish!! Thanks for sharing! 8)

FHTFYR
08-05-2005, 12:38 PM
ripdlip,
nice Stripe I know specific locations are sacred so, what river??

ripdlip
08-05-2005, 02:25 PM
I caught her in the American...the cool thing was when I was bringing her in there where 4 others following her. Is this common? By the way David..... Ripbait again. I know I know. It is all about confidence. I have little throwing the big clousers..I guess I need to go out with someone who can help me get the hang of it. Current, swing, slack water, tailouts, grain? HELP!
I posted on this bored because I know you all are great fisherman and appreciate a fish like this. And PS, I released her right after the photos no worse for the ware. It feels awsome when you see a beauty like this swim away slowly...just awsome. I cant imagine someone wanting to kill a fish like this. :x
Also I never weighed her but I guessed her at 20lbs. Do you think I was close? She was 35" long and 19" girth.

Adam Grace
08-05-2005, 04:04 PM
My fish weighing scale puts that fish at 16lbs. But the scale is not always correct.

Not like it really matters that fish was large and beautiful - Adam

David Lee
08-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Rip -

you have 15 posts on this board ..... that makes you ONE OF US :twisted:

Like it or not :P

Very common for Stripe to follow ANY hooked fish , they are very curious animals , I remember Jeff Putnam giving a casting class a while back .... He waded out and started showing the students some stuff ... and had about a 16 lbr. swim right up to his feet . The Stripe just sat there checking him out for a while !

PM me and we'll get together to work on your casting - You're doing a great job on these fish .... but think of how much fun you'd have getting them on a fly !! Any time's a good time to try something new .

That sure is a fine Striped Bass !!

David

Adam Grace
08-05-2005, 07:30 PM
David, the striper must have been checking out Jeff's super sexy loops.

Jeff is one hell of a caster.

Either that or the striper though that Jeff looked FUNNY :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wednesday Caster
08-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Ripdlip,
That picture of you and the stripe is AWESOME! If you want it lightened up a little so you can see the smile on your face to share with or brag to :wink: family members and friends, drop me an email and I'll make some adjustments and email you a copy. info@optimavo.com
WC (Quinn)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-06-2005, 09:53 AM
I think it is time to go out for Stripers now.

A boat is a good thing.

Hiring a guide/instructor like Andy Guibord is the "fast track" way to get going in the right direction.

Andy is getting everyone who can cast well into fish now. He is doing this on Tuesday/Wednesday but is booking up fast now.

Call him at the shop as he works Thursday through Monday. He is there this weekend if you want to stop by for some help.

916/486-9958 local
800/400-0359 toll free
916/849-1529 cell