PDA

View Full Version : Lower Klamath River

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I emailed guide Bruce Slightom asking about the rivers condition now. It fishes best in the lower part below the mouth of the Trinity River to the ocean around September for Steelhead. This is pretty much jet boat fishing.

"Bill,
The Klamath and Trinity are in good shape, the water quality is the
best that I can remember. The flows are dropping fast. Some of the feeder creeks are still running into the main river, unheard of this time of year. There are a few fish in the river, mostly below Blue Creek. I have heard that there are fall salmon down at the mouth. I have not fished a great deal mostly doing maintenance on the boat and running the river to see what has changed. Still chasing a few cutts in the Smith.

Rodger Barnhart is doing a study on the Klamath-Trinity river system. His project will target half-pounders and adult steelhead taken by anglers from July to November. He is asking for information on fish brought to hand with regards to the ratio between hatchery and wild fish. If any one is interested in giving info get in touch with me and I can give more details. Second thought is that I will post it on the message board.
Bruce"