PDA

View Full Version : American Report of Sorts

MSP
08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Fished the Rossmoor and Gristmill area for an hour each today. I saw nothing, I felt nothing, I caught nothing! Something sucks, either the fishing or me. I'm betting on me! The rafters all kept saying they were in there but I didn't do any damage :(

Until next time!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Hi Mike,

We all do that. When ever nothing is happening we start to question our ability.

Funny the next time we really hit them I guess we think we got our 'mojo' back?

I guess the fish will be looking for oxygen and shade?

It's just plain hot.

I bet Sept/Oct will be killer in the Valley rivers.

MSP
08-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Hi Bill, yea I'm just whinning. Gonna have to stay at a cabin on the Trinity for 4 - 6 weeks in between closing on this house and waiting for the new place to get finished. Hopefully I will actually have a few reports that will actually have some fish in them. Thanks for the pep talk :D

Jgoding
08-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Hey Mike,

I think i had your same problem awhile back, cncs syndrome!! Where are you staying on the trinity?? My parents just got their house over by Lewiston and the FF waters. I might go up this weekend or next. My dad says the fishing is damn good now (don't expect anything huge), but he's catching 40 fish an evening. My mom said some guy dragged a big salmon out last week right in front of the house as well, but probably not a FF. I'm sure some steelies are in there too.

Jeff

MSP
08-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi Jeff, I'll be staying in the Salyer area. I usually fish the lower river below Pigeon Point down to Hoopa. With as much time as I will have on my hands I'm hoping to find a fish or two. Good luck if you get up there and of course we are expecting nothing but good reports :D

If you get up there while I'm still there maybe we can hookup. I'll try and stay in touch with the board while I'm there.

40 fish a night, Hmmmmmm! Sounds good.