PDA

View Full Version : Best outboard repair around Sacramento ??

David Lee
07-31-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi guys -

Need a spring for an OLD Sears 3 horse motor - who has the best repair dept. around here ??

Thanks !

David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-09-2005, 08:00 AM
I have info for most of the others but not Sears.

Adam Grace
08-09-2005, 10:07 AM
David, you are now lost!

If Bill Kiene doesn't know about a boat issue no one else will :lol:

Bill Kiene knows more and talks more about boats than anyone I know.

While working for Bill I learned through osmosis way more about boats than I would have ever imagined. I heard so much information about boats some many times over that I just couldn't help but retain SOME if the information. Informations like tunnel hulls, diffent degree of bottums, gunwales, transomes, tillers, oar locks, four stroke Yamahas, you name it Bill talked about. :D

Bill knows about boats :!: :!:

Good luck finding a part for the old motor.

David Lee
08-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Wow .

What a drag ...... I thought a competent Outboard guy could fabricate a stupid old spring . The spring makes the pull-cord retract , doesn't seem like rocket science to rig something close to that .......

Looks like time to invest in a 4-stroke :idea:

David

Darian
08-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Hi David,.... Maybe you should look up a machine shop. :? :? They might be able to duplicate the spring.... Or, at least tell you where it could be done. 8) 8) 8)

MSP
08-09-2005, 06:59 PM
No David, go with the 4-stroke, that Sears engine has to be a real smoker :shock: Although it may keep down the mosquitoes and they won't have to spray as much :shock:

David Lee
08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Fellas - you wouldn't believe how old this sucker is .

Pre-War , maybe (which one ?? :shock: ) . It came w/ my still-unused Jonboat (what kind of a goof has a boat for 6 months and doesn't use it :roll: :?: ) and looks to be early-50s vintage .

The 4 stroke Nissans are running around a grand - and I have fish to chase in Baja , so maybe it's time for some good oars .

Anyone know where I can get some good , wooden oars ???

David

MSP
08-09-2005, 07:50 PM
It looks like you may need a rower to go with those oars, I'm to old but Jason or Adam could fit the bill :) Your trip to Baja will only last a few days, a new 4-stroke would last you a lifetime, where are your priorities man :shock:

I'd go to Baja too :)

David Lee
08-09-2005, 08:06 PM
When I get the oars ..... I'll row your old-arse around ANYTIME - Don't forget that , its a good offer :idea:

Xmas at Punta Colorada ??????

:twisted: David :twisted:

MSP
08-09-2005, 08:21 PM
An offer I definately couldn't refuse David..

Punta at Xmas sounds like fun! I was heading down with some folks in Oct. but had to cancel with the house crap we are going to have to deal with. Been pretty busy packing boxes getting ready to move our stuff into storage this weekend. The M-I-L is supposed to be here again tomorrow but only for one night. Whatcha got going after work? You up for a little fishing and a couple of cold ones? Might even bring the 8wt and try for a Stripe :shock:

Darian
08-09-2005, 11:56 PM
David,..... When I bought my pram, I ordered the wooden oars thru Bill's shop. 8) You can probably still do that. 8) 8)