PDA

View Full Version : Lake Sonoma warm water fishing??

Richard
07-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Hairstacker's comment about the inflatable kayak brought to mind my own inflatable kayak and my unfulfilled intention to try out the Yorty Creek boat top only launch on Lake Sonoma. Years ago when they were first opened the lake for fishing I took a look at it and thought that with all the trees they left at the top of the main arm and on the left arm plus the no wake mandate in these areas that it had to develop into a great bass fishery. But I haven't heard anything much about it since and as the Delta is closer I have settled there for my fishing. But I have considered vacationing around Cloverdale and trying out the lake. Does anyone know if there is good fishing there and if so why doesn't it get any significant attention?

David Lee
07-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey Richard

Post this one up at www.ncffb.org , Lee Soares has the lowdown on that part of the state (knows those fishes by first name , I think ....) .

Good luck !!

David

Richard
07-25-2005, 12:09 PM
David,

Thank you, I did as you suggested and we'll see if anyone bites. :lol:

Richard

Hairstacker
07-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Richard, I've never fished Lake Sonoma so I can't help you but you might also consider posting it in the bass section of the www.fishsniffer.com board -- they're conventional gear guys but they might weigh in with some good info. . . .

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-25-2005, 09:22 PM
There is a diverse group of fly anglers on Dan Blanton's BB too.

http://www.danblanton.com/bulletin.php