PDA

View Full Version : RS2 Nymph / Emerger

rrivera
07-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Going to tie some this weekend in cream & grey... Has anyone used this pattern in our local waters with success...??

Reading on the history of this pattern it's one of the secret go to's in Colorado & Idaho.

Here is a link just in case anyones is intersted...

http://home.att.net/~ferenc/

MSP
07-22-2005, 08:24 AM
It is definately a popular pattern on the tailwaters of Colorado. A good choice for picky and pounded fish. Never did like fishing those tailwaters too much, but in the dead of winter it was the only water that wasn't hard! Ice fishing anyone :shock:

Jasonh
07-22-2005, 11:30 AM
I have fished it on a local trout tailwater in central texas and it works very well. I t is a good mayfly/midge imiatation and i would bet it will work in many places. I think an olvie one would work well in january on the yuba when midges and bwo's are coming off.

Jason Hartwick

Bruce Slightom
07-22-2005, 12:03 PM
RS2 a pattern that I use alot on Fall River and Hat. Shane Stallcup has a veriation that uses CDC.

DonCooksey
07-22-2005, 02:02 PM
RS2s were the flies of choice on the San Juan River in NM when I fished there last week. Cream/gray worked well, as did an olive pattern. A lot of people drop one below a San Juan Worm there, but I ended up just using two midges in different colors (an RS2 plus a WD40, for example).