PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing Santa Cruz

FHTFYR
07-18-2005, 11:32 PM
I know this is small beans compared to the posts in this section but I will be heading to the Santa Cruz area and I am hoping to be able to fish the surf for the first time. First is there still any surf fish to be caught :?: Second I was wondering if anyone can point me to a beach to fish or a contact in that area that would be familiar with the fishing. . :D. I've got the set up but have misplaced my California Flyfisher that had all of the info on flyfishing down there. Anything will help :!:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-19-2005, 08:44 AM
http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Go to Jay's web site and put it on his message board in case he doesn't see your post here.

Darian
07-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Another resource for that area is:

www.zenflyfishing.com

Has a lot of information about fly fishing the surf/patterns, etc. 8) 8)

Good luck :D :D

Jay Murakoshi
07-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Where in Santa Cruz are you going to be? I've been getting word on some hot beaches. Send me an email and I will give you the whole scoop.
Don't want to take up to much borad space.

Jay

FHTFYR
07-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Thanks For the help, Jay I'll be in contact. If I'm lucky enoung to land anything I'll a post a picture.

FHTFYR
07-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Just returned from Santa Cruz and wanted to say thanks to you guys for your help. No pictures were taken but it was a blast.

Jay thanks for all of your time the places you sent me were ideal. Met a couple of guys there and they said the fishing was off for the last two days. but ohwell I had a blast trying

Thanks Again

Jay Murakoshi
07-24-2005, 04:28 PM
No problem.

Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Jay