PDA

View Full Version : August Fly Swap is CLOSED -

David Lee
07-13-2005, 06:21 PM
The catagory is .... Topwater flies - anything from a #24 trico to a 10/0 sailfish Popper .

Cutoff date for getting in is past - should have jumped on it , huh :twisted: ??

All flies are due by the FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER !!!

Tyers will tye 8 flies .

Tyers that have signed on so far are ...

Jeff Goding - Waking Shad

Sturmer White - Hot-lips Hulihan

Hairstacker -TBA

SullyTM -Blue Dragonfly

PM - Cutters Little Yellow Stone

Brian -Chernobyl -something

David Lee - TBA

I'll keep this updated ..... Thanks for jumping onboard , fellas !!

David

SullyTM
07-14-2005, 06:48 AM
I'll be tying a blue damselfly...98% sure of that.

David Lee
07-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I've heard a nasty rumour that Sturmer White MIGHT join us on this one ....

LAWD .... Have PITY on them Bass .... :twisted:

David

07-15-2005, 06:39 PM
:lol: She is the KISS OF DEATH to MR. Bass !

Who is she ? None other than my SWEET LIPS HULAHAN FLY.

She zigs,she zags,she dips, she dives, She wiggles, she shakes.
She is a real deadly VAMP when damp.

How do you get one of these mean mothers?

Join the August fly swap.

Good Tying.
Sturm[/u][/i][/b]

07-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey David
Under tyers that have signed on you stated I was tying SWEET LIPS .
That is a mistake. SWEET LIPS is HOT LIPS sister. She is good ,but not as good as HOT LIPS.
HOT LIPS on the other hand likes the big boys, so you better hang on with both hands when you are near the water. :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-16-2005, 11:51 AM
We should try to get photos of the flies for each fly swap and get them up on the web site.

We could put them on the Gallery under Fly Tying.

07-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Yes! I just finished tying 16 HOT LIP flies. Took three days off and on.
Whats"s cool it isn't even August yet.
Those HOT LIPS are iching to get going. I keep them in the back room.
If they hear the toilet flush they get all exicted.

Darian
07-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Great Brownie fly, ehhhh :?: :?: :P :P :P

07-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Darian
I will be trying her in early August on Rock Creek MT. for Browns.
If she brings up the Browns like she brings up the bass I will be a happy camper.
I am still having problems with hook set. I am missing way to many.
I may need anothr hook type.
It sure is fun watching the fish chase her and strike four and five times.
I hope to meet you one day. I like the way you think.
Tight lines
Sturm

Darian
07-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey Sturmer,.... You sure handled that one well. 8) I too hope we meet. Maybe we could get together and exchange whoppers and "truths" some time :?: :?:

I'll be looking forward to a report from you about Montana. 8) 8) I'm going up that way some time in September for the first time. Aiming primarily at the Flathead River in the Glacier National Park area but would like to target other places as well. :D

Jgoding
07-20-2005, 01:16 PM
I'll get in on this one. Hmm, I will tie some whitlock waker shad I think or I might just end up inventing something that will float like a cork but underneath will be dangling a sluggo, pegged beads, soft plastic eggs, and a senko worm with a scent resevoir all for David's enjoyment....LMAO

Jeff

SullyTM
07-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey Jeff...Try this. Tie up your dangly thingy and then cut down the top half of hook shank and secure a piece of closed cell foam so it will float. The fish won't see the shave job but they will SEE the underneath stuff! It works! Thom

Darian
07-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey Jeff,.... Where's the room for a pork rind frog :?: :?: :P :P :P

David Lee
07-26-2005, 10:38 PM
The first Swapflies to arrive are from Thom Sullivan .

Blue Adult Damsel Flies , size 12 . They look SO REAL , Thom should be beaten :!:

And ..... ahead of time , as well !! Nice going !

David

SullyTM
08-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Hi David...Glad you got the flies. Look forward to seeing the rest of 'em. I HAD to get them to you early as I will be out of State that last 2 weeks of August. I wasn't happy with the wings, but it's still alearning process. I now have the tools and materials to do a better job. And, they work! Just ask Mr. Bass. Hope you had a good birthday on the 3rd...Thom

David Lee
08-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Hmmmmm ..... middle of August is here , bet you fellas want to send me some Swapflies , right ??

David Lee
716 Kesner Ave.
Sacramento , California

You can include return postage , if you'd like to , but I'm happy to eat shipping back to ya .

Send your Swapflies IN A BIG ENOUGH FLYBOX - don't make me try to stuff 'em in a Tic-Tac box . :roll:

David

Jgoding
08-19-2005, 06:08 AM
I have 3 flies done so 4 to go or something like that! I need to find some more silver deer hair though or grey... Kind of fun tying these things, hope you guys will like them.

David, I'll drop mine off and pick up my set so no worries about postage or a large container to ship around. I got some other goodies for you as well! I'll call ya later on today and see what's going on.

When is the deadline anyway? LOL. OH yeah, belated happy b-day you old man!

Jeff

PatrickM
08-22-2005, 08:05 PM
I've been lagging - no excuses. I'll get 'em done and in the mail within the next couple of days.

PatrickM
08-24-2005, 10:43 PM
They're done and going in the mail tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone's flies.

Tony Buzolich
08-26-2005, 06:46 PM
I hope someone will post pictures of these flies but I especially want to see Sturmers Hot Lips. After that description I've gotta get a look.
TONY

David Lee
08-26-2005, 07:35 PM
I'll do what I can , Tony .

David

08-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Hey Tony
You know fishermen! Always an honest measure and no lies about thier flies. :lol: I just sent some flies to Norm Norlander along with my 10 year old vice, Talk about service,He is fixing it n/c for me.
I sent him a hot lips.I had a hard time getting her in the box.She just wanted to go fishing. :!:

Jgoding
08-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Norm is a cool guy. That reminds me, I told him I would send him some flies too and he's done and replaced stuff for me no charge as well each time. David has my flies too and it's good not to be the last guy in on a swap for a change. My flies came out ok. I didn't really get a chance to perfect the pattern too much but they're all fishable.

Jeff

David Lee
09-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Brian and 'Stacker -

Time is almost done , get goin' chop-chop .

Interesting mash O' topwater bugs this time 'round .... I might even buy a few new extra dry lines for these puppies :twisted:

Get on it , fellas !!

David

Hairstacker
09-11-2005, 11:09 PM
David, sorry for holding things up. :oops: I promise to mail 'em first thing in the morning. It'll be a mix of mint size 18 and 20 Western Parachute Adams right out of one of my fly boxes. Just been too busy lately to do much tying -- went camping the last 2 weekends and spent this weekend exploring the Stanislaus.

David Lee
09-13-2005, 06:38 PM
'Stacker's flies have shown up , they should be the ticket for those pissy , fussy late-season Trout that feed on things Man can't see -

You are forgiven , Mike :P

Brian wins the LAST SAVAGE award (the 'badge of honor' usually reserved for Jeff Goding .... :roll: ) , I have not yet heard from him . If his bugs show up in the next three days , Swap flies will go out Monday .

If not , .......... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks for taking part in yet another Swap - the flies in this one will BLOW YOUR SOX OFF !!!!

Photos will follow next week .

David

David Lee
09-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Just got an Email from Brian , he was sidetracked by domestic stuff and has to bow-out this time around .

Flies will go out Monday , if I avoid the chop from the Leopards this weekend .

Beers are on Brian next time you see him - :twisted: :idea: :twisted:

David

Hairstacker
09-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Wow, I guess I just missed out on the Jeff Goding honor award by the skin of my teeth, whew! 8) For this accomplishment, I would like to thank . . . Brian. :lol:

David Lee
09-24-2005, 01:25 PM
All Swapfly boxes are OUT , except Jeff Goding's box .... come over and pick it up soon , Jeff .

Thanks to all who took part !

David

Hairstacker
09-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks for hosting David! Can't wait to see the flies. . . . 8) 8) 8)

SullyTM
09-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Ditto. David, thanks for keeping us going........Now, don't forget the September flies are due next week :D Thom

David Lee
09-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Ditto. David, thanks for keeping us going........Now, don't forget the September flies are due next week :D Thom

They went out this afternoon :shock:

Hope everyone likes 'em !!

David

SullyTM
09-28-2005, 11:56 AM
...just got my August Swap flies from Mr. Lee. Very nice :thumbsup:

I'm missing some toe tags so if everyone wouldn't mind telliig me what they tied it would be appreciated. Thanks. Thom

Hairstacker
09-28-2005, 06:33 PM
I just got my August swap flies from David too! \:D/ VERY impressive group of flies! Thanks everyone and especially David Lee for hosting again. 8) 8)

David Lee
09-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Let's see .... :ninja:

The Crease fl.... , uh , Sweet Lips Hullihan was from Sturmer . Pretty nice , I'd say .... :thumbsup:

Blue Damsel was Thom . Super-real lookin' tye , IMO 8)

The itty-bitty dry was from 'Stacker . It'll give those snotty Trout sore lips , for sure :fish:

The little yellow Stone dry was PMs . Just a killer summertime fly here in california :twisted:

Jeff Goding tyed waking Shad , the deer hair ones . They should smoke ANYTHING feeding on Shad =D>

I sent in small white Gurgler .

Brian B. was caught-up in moving , so he didn't make it this time (cut him some slack , please) . [-X

That's them !!

David :D

PatrickM
09-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Got my flies this week. All very nice. Thanks for putting it together, David. Bye the way, I got two of Hairstacker's size 20 parachute adams. They look killer, so I'm keeping em. :twisted: