PDA

View Full Version : No July Flyswap -

David Lee
07-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Since it's already 1/3 of the way finished . :o

I will host the August Flyswap - the catagory is .....

:twisted: TOPWATER !! :twisted:

Any fly you can fish on the surface .... Drys , poppers , hairbugs , foam stuff , whatever . cutoff date for signing on is AUGUST 1st . Flies due by the FIRST WEEK of SEPTEMBER - open to 12 tyers , or untill the cutoff date rolls around ...

I fear this will be the LAST Kienes BB Swap ... We just haven't had a huge amount of interest from many 'new' members , most of the 'regulars' have already hosted , so unless someone new steps up , it shall pass into history . I started the Swaps because I thought everone would enjoy getting and giving new flies , every Swap so far has had world-class bugs in them , but it seems like we have a lower turnout of tyers each time .

Better to walk away than beat a dead horse(fly :roll: ?) .

Get in while you still can - David

Hairstacker
07-12-2005, 06:22 PM
David, please sign me up for the August swap and thanks for stepping up to host again! 8) For August, my swap fly choice is still to be determined.

I sure hope this August swap doesn't turn out to be the last one. I hear what you're saying, though, since no one seemed to show much interest in a July swap. I had hoped my June Fly Swap sign-up post would encourage some new tyers to join in but it didn't seem to work out that way for some reason. . . . :( Maybe it was the category (saltwater)?

Hopefully, the August category of "Topwater" will generate some interest! I know it's got me interested, as there are potentially some really cool flies in this category and almost all fly tyers have favorite "topwater" flies of some sort or another that they enjoy tying.

SullyTM
07-12-2005, 08:05 PM
...I'm down for a dirty dozen, or half-dozen :wink: I might do my Black Beauty Popper or something in a realistic pattern. SullyTM

Brian
07-12-2005, 11:22 PM
I think that I'll do some Chernobyl type ant if you don't object. And thanks for hosting the swap. Don't let low participation get you down, I think that most people like myself are busy out fishing and not spending an time at the vise.
That's my theory and I'm sticking to it

PatrickM
07-13-2005, 03:04 PM
I've been out of town and busy since I've been back, but I'm in for this one. I'll do Ralph Cutter's little yellow sally - a good pattern to have if you fish anywhere in the Sierras.
On a side note, I participated in the first swap and really enjoyed it (not to mention the drunken fly review party at David's house). I think we should try and keep the swaps going, even if we only have four or five guys and only do one every couple of months. I'm willing to host this one or the next one if that will help.

Hairstacker
07-13-2005, 05:59 PM
David, maybe we should start a sign-up thread? Folks seeing the subject line on this one may not look inside to see there's an invitation to participate? In any case, after one day, we have 5 folks so far. . . . 8)