PDA

View Full Version : Baitfish Imitation

Langenbeck
07-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Think I have finally come up with a baitfish imitation that can be used for pond smelt/threadfin shad/New Zealand smelt. With the lumo body it can be used either day or night. Use a Mustad 9672, Size 8. Tail and back are silver antron darkened with a marker. Use a lumo material for the body and then superglue on the stick on eyes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/gordonl/NZSmeltFly.jpg

Jgoding
07-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Hey Gordon,

Have you seen Uni's new line of GLO stuff...(well, not that new, but some of it is)? They have Glo yarn, tinsel, floss, and thread now. (Bill, hint, hint!!)

It may be worth a try to play around with, but that is a nice fly.

Jeff

Langenbeck
07-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Jeff,

Was not aware of the Uni-Product line. Just looked it up on the Internet. Do you know of a retail source where this stuff is available as currently I get all my glo stuff while in New Zealand?

Jgoding
07-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Hey Gordon,

Did a quick search. jsflyfishing.com has the glo tinsel and glo yarn. They also have glo in the dark flashabou and glo floss by Gordon Griffith. Don't see the uni glo thread or floss anywhere though...

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Adam Grace
07-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Bill Kiene carries glow tinsel, glow flashabou (in yellow,orange,white)and he might still have the yarn. The yarn didn't sell very well I might have discontinued it before I left.