PDA

View Full Version : New Scott LS2 Spey rods

Adam Grace
07-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Has anyone here fished the new LS2?

Have you at least had a chance to cast one of the 13' 7wt or 14' 8wt?

I love them, very nice rods.

Super light weight and very responsive.

Moose
07-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi Adam. I threw both the 12' 6 weight and 14 foot 8 weight LS2 this past weekend. The 14 footer felt very progressive and was pretty much a perfect split between the ARC and A2 rods in the same length and line weight. Light, very powerful, quick but not too fast. The 12' 6 weight was softer, very much like the ARC 1287. For the price they are very nice rods!

Jeff Putnam
07-14-2005, 08:59 AM
This past year many spey rods were put on the market from Sage, Loomis, Winston, Scott Rods , Gary Andersen to name a few.
Winston created one of the finest spey rods ever designed, Boron IIx series. Unreal! Light, fast, sensitive and extremely reponsive! (How about a lighter size for Nor-Cal? Hmmmm...) Scott hit a home run with their LS2 Series, this is one of the best buys this year in speys. The 1408 will do almost anything those 14'#9 are designed for except this rod is lighter and feels really crisp in the tip. The 16'#10 will cast so far you can catch East Coast Atlantic Salmon from the American River. The 1307 is a great choice for us steelheaders that use light tips and med distance for fish up to 10 lbs. Gary Anderson is stirring things up with one of the best series of spey rods at an incredible price and his new 12'#4 is turning a lot of heads and fins, for a rod designed for trout and small half pound steelhead. His 12'6"#6 is by far still one of the nicest rods in the 5-6 weight game. Awesome for light steelhead, shad and anything in our area under 8lbs. What a year for spey!

Adam Grace
07-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Jeff, does Bill now stock Gary Anderson's new 12' 4wt spey rod?

I got a chance to cast that rod at the San Rafael show, great rod. Perfect for trout and half-poundersl

How's the spey fishing been for shad on the American, have you gone out this seasons?

Or are you busy teaching other people how to become a better spey caster?

Moose
07-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Jeff, thanks for the opportunity to try that 16 foot LS2 last weekend, very cool rod. Did not feel like I was casting a 16 footer, felt very light and friendly. Surprised me! You are right, that new BIIX Winston spey is a sweetheart. I tried the 13' 8/9 last weekend and thought it was definitely a top tier product. Very light, quick, responsive and crisp.

So many rods, so little time :wink:

Adam Grace
07-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Too bad that I'm not in Sac. I'd love to try the new Winston, sounds great.

I really love to cast and play around with the new fly fishing stuff, especially rods.

Jeff's a JERK :D

David Lee
07-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Sacramento is less than THREE hours south O' ya , Pup ..... :idea:

If you ever need a place to flop for a night or three ... you know who to call . :twisted:

Spey-away ..... :P David

Adam Grace
07-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Thanks David, very kind :!: