PDA

View Full Version : Striper's 7/4

Darian
07-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey everyone,.... Went out to the lower American, this AM, just to hang out with David Lee.... 8) . Hadagreattime :!: :!: :!: The water was clear/cool, Just right for wading wet..... 8) Got there 'bout 7...ish :roll: :roll: The weather was clear/warm. A very pretty day. Lotsa ducks/geese around to watch.... 8) 8)

We both started with Shad colored flies.... No hits, nothing, nada :!: :!: David changed colors, patterns, etc.... I stayed with the Shad thinking that if David got a pick-up, I'd switch.... Well, David got a goosegg while I, on the other hand, got a monster strike that opened up the Gamakatsu jig hook I was using.... :shock: That thing just stayed down and shook 'is head. Couldn't hardly budge 'im.... Finally got 'im to hand eyeballed the length/girth and released 'im.... :shock: :shock: Man :!: :!: Those STICKFISH really know how to fight good.... :P :P :P :lol: :lol:

Watchin' David cast is really interesting. He can nearly toss his rig onto the opposite bank and the fly lands neatly laid out even while using a shooting head....(I mean, this guys good 8) 8) )

Get out there and fish, guys.... The STICKFISH are bitin' :twisted: :twisted:

Hairstacker
07-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Darian, I know what you mean about David's fly casting. When I first met him, he was always VERY modest about his casting skills. And then when we went fishing at the "sweetest" pond where it is often helpful to get your fly out there, I noticed he was effortlessly outcasting me by a good 20+ feet on every single cast with something like a 5 wt. rod. :shock: :oops: 8)

David Lee
07-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Perfect conditions , and a nearly perfect day ...

What can I say ?? We got the skunk - :evil:

Any outing w/ Darian is an interesting one , be it the Expo , lunch , or fishing . The Man is one of the better conversationalists you will EVER meet - from the basic to the esoteric , a very well read , well spoken , BRIGHT guy . Never at a loss for a subject , or a razor-sharp observation .

Plus .... he catches the hell out of the sticks/snags/rocks :P

Nothing moving out there ..... if you're like me , and have stayed away from the high flows , wade with caution - everything has changed out there . Simple wading at 3500 CFS suddenly isn't so simple , there are new drop-offs , and deeper cuts , so watch your footing . Nice water for a swim , but a new , faster current or unknown drop-off at a favorite spot could make it your LAST swim - keep your eyes open and NEVER underestimate the power of the American . If you drop your guard , you will pay .

Thanks again , Darian .... that was a morning WELL spent :!:

David