PDA

View Full Version : Caught my first Shad

Jgoding
07-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Caught my first shad today at Goethe I guess?? Crossed the walkway at William B. Pond area. I stuck about 8 total but only got 2 to hand. First fish was a big female 20+ inches, I was pretty worn out after getting her in on my 6wt. Big school over there but lots of people swimming etc.. Pretty cool to watch them spawn at dusk too. Oh yeah, caught a budweiser too but it got off the stringer some how.... (tucked it in my vest but I guess it fell out.... it wasn't even opened yet either...)

Jeff

David Lee
07-04-2005, 12:31 AM
So much for the Trinity this weekend , eh ??

Glad ya got some !! David

Hairstacker
07-04-2005, 12:46 PM
A river that delivers shad AND beer. . . . Does it get any better than that?!? I have an idea of the tackle necessary to catch shad but I've never had any luck catching beer. Good for you Jeff!

Darian
07-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Hey Jeff,.... Fishin' etiquette demands that all unopened beers caught when fishin' must be immediately "chucked" or released to the river unharmed.... 8) 8) I assume you were using a barless hand..... :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jgoding
07-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Yeah, that beer was slippery I guess. It got away un-noticed somehow. I was hoping it was Pepsi though as it had a blue tint in the water but hey, I guess something is better than nothing!

Hope everyone has a happy 4th!

Jeff

BigBuddha
07-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Shad fishing just hooks you. I love it!!! Don't you love it when they make that firs jump?