PDA

View Full Version : Free Arial Photo "Map" Software

Eugene Graham
06-29-2005, 09:41 PM
I have just started using a free program called USAPHOTOMAPS from JDMCOX Software http://jdmcox.com/. This is a small download (approx 400K). This program will let you download and store the Color Urban Photos, Satallite Photos, and Topo maps. It will download these photos as needed from the USGS Terraserver. You can view up to a resolution of 1 Meter per pixel. I just download the whole American river from the mouth to Natoma Dam, and the Detail is incredible. Unlike the websites like Microsoft Terraserver and Maps@Google, once you view a map, it is stored on your computer. You will not have to download it again. You should have broadband to use this though as the maps are quite detailed. You can find locations by address, city, Points Of Intrest, or GPS Coordinetes. You can also select to capture any image you see and save it as a high resolution JPG file for Printing. You are also able to save waypoints of all of your favorite locations, so you can open right to them later.

Feel free to email me if you have any quesions about running this egraham@kiene.com , as it is not well documented. It is an easy to run program though