PDA

View Full Version : A board member moving out of state ....

David Lee
06-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Our board member , Rob , is moving to Utah - :(

Rob has always provided top-notch reports , photos , and chat here .... and it pains me to see him go . :cry:

Thanks for the time you shared with us , Rob - keep us up-to-date w/ the new beginning out of state , and the fishing there , as well !! :idea:

By the way ..... try Gunlock Res. when you have the time .... a fast 6 wt. w/ a sinking line should keep you in those Utah Largemouth and Channel Cats :!:

Have a safe trip , and don't forget to check in once in a while -

David Jerold Lee

David Lee
06-28-2005, 07:13 PM
28 of you took a look and didn't send a goodbye message ?!?

:evil: :evil: One word - KARMA :evil: :evil:

David (who actually CARES about you buggers)Lee :twisted:

Adam Grace
06-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Good Luck Rob!

Fish the Green River as much as you can.

MSP
06-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey Rob and the guys, just stay in touch, you are no further away in Utah than you are in CA :shock: Just keep us aware of the new habitat you guys find or stumble upon. Keep those cards and letters coming! :D

Best Of Luck!

Nip Hadlock
06-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Rob;
Best of luck...keep those posts coming from Utah!
Nip

SteelieD
06-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Good luck Rob. Utah is a beautiful state! You have always been a teriffic contributor to the board and even personally helped me with suggestions on places to take my son fishing in the sierras. You are an asset to the community! Keep in touch.
Derek

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Here at Kiene's we will sorely miss Rob, Jason and Cody.

Rob and his wife have devoted their lives to raising those boys right and they have done a fine job.

I think they will be very happy in their new location.

I am sure they will keep us up to date with their new findings as far as fly fishing is concerned.

SullyTM
06-29-2005, 08:21 AM
...happy trails to you :!:

Gregg Machel
06-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Rob & Jason are amung the few people here that I have met in person, and it will be sad to see this end. :(

I know that you will enjoy Utah though, it's a beautiful state, and I wish you all the best.

Stay in touch with us all on the board here.

Jgoding
06-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Good luck. I'll bet you'll make a boat-load of cool hard cash from the house and be able to buy 50 acres in Utah dirt cheap. Like Adam said, hit the Green river. It's nasty! and Flaming Gorge Resevoir.... huge lakers and just about everything else....

Jeff

Hairstacker
06-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Rob, best wishes to you and your family! Hope nothin' but location changes as far as seeing reports and pictures here of you and the kids on the water. And now that you won't be needing all of those "secret" spots of yours in California. . . . :twisted: :lol:

rrivera
06-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Heya Rob....

Wish you and your family a safe journey and a fruitfull stay in your new home.

Ya think a olive zonker would work in your new waters..? Let me know.. :wink:

It was a pleasure sharing the few moments we had.

All the best -- Ray

steve sullivan
06-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Good luck there Rob. If you arent mormon you might want to think of becoming one living in Utah :-)

Rob
06-29-2005, 03:03 PM
You all are VERY kind ( wiping tears fromn my eye's) :cry:

As far as being a mormon ,I have been a active member since 8 ,so I

have that covered. :wink:

Here are a few photo's 15 min from town up the Logan Canyon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/rgkempton/Logan%20Utah/Dscn0026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/rgkempton/Logan%20Utah/Dscn0024.jpg

And a Photo of the Logan River .
I fished it for a few hrs, lost two( on green zonkers) and did see a nice 24+ '' brown holding under a big rock in the center of the river but could not et a fly to it. The rivers in Utah are also very high with a late spring run off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/rgkempton/Logan%20Utah/Dscn0041.jpg

Thank you very much for the
kind words
-Rob