PDA

View Full Version : American River striper and shad report

Andy Guibord
06-27-2005, 08:18 AM
There are lots of stripers throughout the river. We are mostly catching schoolies from 6 to 20 inches. We are seeing big fish but they are tough to hook up with all the shad still in the water. Shad are also spread up and down the American, but the majority are between Rossmore and Hazel - lots of fish in the Sunrise area; you fish deep for them through the day but fish closer to the surface in the late evening if you see fish rising or chasing each other around on top .
I am guiding for stripers and shad, so if you are interested, I am booking clients after July 4th through August. I charge $250 for one person (my boat is small) in the morning from 5:30 to 12ish, the evening rate from 4pm to dark is $175, and I even offer a one and a 1/2 to two hour trip in the evening after work for $70. If you would like a lesson on casting sinktips or shooting heads, I charge $30 for an hour lesson. You can call me at Kiene's Fly Shop, Thursday through Monday, or reach me by cell: 916 849-1529.

Darian
06-27-2005, 11:33 AM
I've been out with Andy on the American and can highly recommend him for a guided trip. 8) 8) On the trips I've taken with him, I learned a lot about the river, knots, casting, how to fish a particular area and good spots that hold fish.... 8) 8) 8)

Andy's a great guy to fish with.... 8) 8)

brett humphries
06-28-2005, 02:24 PM
I highly recommend booking Andy for a trip. He is really familiar with the river, and the wiley ways of the stripers and shad. Have fun!