PDA

View Full Version : Fuller Lake....help

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-25-2005, 09:35 AM
I am working on my new reports pages now.

I am trying to put some details up on each destination.

Many I have fished for years and some not much.

I am working on Fuller Lake right now and have only fished it once myself.

Can someone out there send me some details on Fuller?

I am also look for current reports too. I am sure it is good by now.

I know it has a stream coming into the north end.

I am looking for a map on the web for Fuller.

I am looking for a book with info on Fuller.

Thanks

You can put it up right here or email it to me.

Adam Grace
06-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Here's some info about Fuller Bill

The north end of Fuller has an inflow, a stream which exits out of a large pipe or whatever you call something like that. The stream bottom follows the north-east side of the lake. The north-east corner also has a couple shallow flats that drop off into deep water with large tree stumps. The south-east corner of the lake drops off to some seep water. The south-west has some nice flats that drop off into some nice deeper water which flows to the dam. The first boat launch is located at the south-west corner at the west side of the dam. The north-west corner more medium depth water, 10' or so. Most of the west side is somewhat shallow and the majority of the east side drops off quickly. The middle of the lake is fairly deep, not sure how deep though. Fuller is great to float tube around. A kick across the lake can be a little tiring but not too far to cross. Just the right size, approximately 35 acres? I could be far off, I'm not great at acres estimates.

There are only two main access points to the lake. The first parking lot and boat launch(float tube launch) has a public restroom(nice pit toilet) and is located there near the dam. This parking area is the first thing you see once you arrive. The other boat launch is part of a nice day use area located at the north-west side of the lake. This day use area(DUA) has more parking, two bathrooms, picnic benches, barbeques and two bathrooms. The boat lanch is also paved and accessible by vehicles unlike the first parking area. The entrance to the north-west day use area is hard to find. The dirt road to the DUA is on the right side of main road and hard to see. After you pass the first parking area it is about 3/4 mile up the main road.

The lake is close to the Sacramento area and is a little gem. Enjoy!

Here's a picture of Gregg fishing at Fuller Lake.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/flyguyag/fishing/IMGP2166.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks Adam

You are the man...........

Maybe you could help me with some of the other places as well?

One you are very familiar with.