PDA

View Full Version : Fly Swaps????

Darian
06-24-2005, 09:31 AM
The Discussion under May Fly Swap about which month it is brings up the opportunity to make a suggestion.... 8) How about switching to a two month period, instead of each month, for completion of a swap :?: :?: :?: It might encourage an increase in the number of participants (....tyers who participate in swaps on other boards as well as here 8) 8) 8) )

Frankly, I don't enjoy tying as much as I used to and tying a bunch of complicated flies takes up valuable fishing time (....not to mention r-ball/eatin'/drinkin/wenchin', etc.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sooooo,.... waddaya thin' :?: :?: :?: :?:

SullyTM
06-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Darian...It's worth a try! Thom

Darian
07-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Weeellllllllll,..... Since there doesn't seem to be much interest either way, I'm gonna go fishin..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hairstacker
07-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Darian, weeellllllllll....., I wouldn't say I'm not interested but I don't have a strong preference either way. I would think, though, that if you extend it out to two months, some folks might forget they're even participating in a swap. :lol:

Darian
07-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Mike,.... It just seems that people have a tough time making the current, monthy time frames (....given demands on their time). Being retired, I'm not constrained by many other considerations. 8) 8) 8)

SullyTM
07-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Darian...You're retired :P :?: And, here I thought you were inhabiting a cubicle is some air-conditioned glass palace :!: Oh well, goin' fishin' will cure my ills...

P.S. I'll continue to swap flies as long as I have dubbing :wink:

Gregg Machel
07-06-2005, 12:15 PM
I'll be joining in on the fun after summertime again. It's just this summer I have so many things going, time is the issue.

Darian
07-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Once again, the subject of changing the format or discontinuing the fly swap has come up.... See David Lee's comments under another topic. 8) It's a fact that conducting swaps in the summer is a problem for most of us. Also, it's a fact that few if any of the swaps we,ve done so far have been completed in the month allotted for same. Further, it's expensive for beginning fly tiers to participate in a swap.... Thus, in my humble opinion :lol: :lol: , the need to make the interval longer than a month. 8) Maybe shorten the interval during the winter months :?: :?:

As it is in all things, certain people will always step up and host.... 8) As time passes, maybe others'll feel comfortable enough to tackle hosting, but not yet. 8) 8) 8)

slack_in_the_box
07-13-2005, 04:45 PM
I like Darians suggestion about a winter swap. :)

In the Spring, Summer, and Fall I would rather be out fishing than inside tying (even though I did participate in the June swap :? ). In the winter, I am usually casting at the park, tying flies, and just brushing up on my skills for the summer.

Just my 2 cents... :)

Either way, I think ending the swap would all around....SUCK :cry: