PDA

View Full Version : Poppers on the Feather

Tony Buzolich
06-23-2005, 06:59 AM
With this big moon things have changed a little this past week.

Monday, I took my wife out (she wanted to go) and got on the water at 5:15am. Fished for two hours and only picked up two dinks. Somethings wrong. Flows were up to 4500cfs at the outlet and we have a full moon. Those fish have been feeding all night.
Went home, had breafast and decided to head up river to find shad but water still too high to fish the normal riffles and runs. Continue on to the lowflow and managed four salmon hookup, landed one.
After lunch I headed to Rd. 48 to meet up with some friends and continue looking for shad. Very slow. As a group we only took 7-8 fish when I left around 8:30pm.

Well, if the moon is full like it is, then those stripers are feeding all night. Several of my customers have been fishing rubber worms all night and knocking them dead. Big fish coming in at 39lb.,35lb.,lots of 20+lbs.

Last night went out again and river was alive at dark. Picked up three nice fish right away and see fishe busting the surface everywhere chasing bait. I had brought along another rod set up with a floating line and one of my favorite Dorado poppers just for this topwater action.

After several shots at boiling fish fish I hook up. On, and off. Yahooo, this is fun action. A few more casts and hook up again. On, and then off again. GEEEEZzz, what's going on? Continue doing this with sevarl more fish but can get a good hook set.

It's now almost 10:00pm and I can't see worth a darn. The moon hasn't come up yet to help out either.

I pull in my line and decide to head home and when I go to put my popper away I discover there's NO HOOOOOK! It had SNAPPED OFF. Right at the bend were it enters the popper body.

Geez, no wonder I can get a good grab.

Time to tie some new poppers with different hooks.
TONY

Darian
06-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Look at it this way Tony,.... Those fish were released as early as possible. :P :P :P Sounds like you've been having a good time.... 8)

WOW :!: :!: Those fish brought in by your customers are large. Too bad they're dead, tho :cry: :cry: