PDA

View Full Version : baja trip 0604 thru 0611

PaulC
06-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Guys,
Here is a report from the trip.
I figured I'd post a link to avoid typin it twice.
http://www.garybulla.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1969&page=1#pid10179

-Paul

David Lee
06-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Great report , Paul ...

I can hardly wait - 5:00 AM , barefoot , running on the beach w/ a fast 7 wt. in my hand .... And the Bonita Nativas , OH , MY .... :twisted:

David

Darian
06-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Hey Paul,.... Great pictures 8) . I think I recognize that Pelican in the third picture.... :lol: :lol:

How far down the beach did you go :?: :?: Did you get down to the estuary south of the resort (a couple of miles) :?: :?:

PaulC
06-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Hey Darian,
That one picture with the pelican is just in front of the estuary.
Between there and the little bay to the north was where most of the roosters and jacks seemed to be concentrated.
Didn't see much action at the estuary outlet. I checked it at both sides of a low and high. Alot more rocks near the surface there to snag up on also.
Supposedly the lighthouse way further south was another productive area for shore fishing for roosters. I think for that area, people recommended staying at punta colorado.
-Paul

Darian
06-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Surf fishing at the light house is best covred from the Punta Colorado resort 8) . Blue water comes up close to the shore down there (closest at the light house) and there's a very good surge..... We fished it from a Super Panga. There were clouds of Bait fish (ballyhoo) under the boat down there... 8) 8) .

The depth of the water in that area is about 400' within 100 yards from shore at the light house :shock: . Kinda gave me the impression that you could, potentially, get some YFT or Billfish in the surf down there... 8) . That place is known for very large Roosters... 8) 8) . Not sure I'd like to wade to deep around the light house area as the waters deep enough to allow a very large predator to come and try to eat ya.... :shock: :shock:

Hairstacker
06-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Great report Paul! Despite the conditions, sounds like you had a GREAT time with a lot of variety caught. Good for you!

MSP
06-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself down there Paul. Well done! What else can we ask for :?: Well besides clouds of Sardinas with Roosters and Jacks busting everywhere. Hey, if it was that easy we'd all be looking for something a little more challenging! :wink: Glad you had a great trip :!:

Thought I would post a Rooster the daughter got while were down that way. It was caught on conventional gear but what the heck, I like the pic!

http://www.flyfishnorcal.org/php-nuke/photopost45/data/500/285DSC00082-med.JPG

Darian
06-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey Mike,.... Great picture. Roosters're really the punk rockers of the fish world but so beautiful at the same time.... 8) . I'm glad they're not very good eating... :D . It's probably going to mean they'll be around for awhile... 8) 8) 8) .