PDA

View Full Version : Martis / Prosser

Gregg
06-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Any info on Martis & Prosser in Truckee yet? I know it may still be a bit early, buy I don't mind making the drive if it's fishable...

Blake
06-12-2005, 05:46 PM
If you are looking to fish in the reservoir of Prosser, the hot bite was little over 2 months ago. Prosser ices out every year between the 3/15-4/1. If you can fish it within a week of the ice coming off you'll be into hot rainbow action all day (especially in the afternoon).
Right now though, you could find a lot of active smallmouth in there but the trout are probably going to be deeper. I think they move out into the main lake to find cooler water about now. You can probably find the planters in the coves though, but they're still planters.
If you are looking to fish stillwaters, check out my post below about the Bowman lake road area and Desolation wilderness.

I never mess with Martis, there's better spots around in my opinion.

Gregg
06-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Was Prosser on the same timeframe this year with the late snow? I would have assumed it would push the bite forward at least a month, but maybe it didn't?

clarkblanchard
06-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Hey Gregg, This info is a bit dated but it may help. I fished Martis Memorial day weekend with two of my buddies. Water was still a bit cold and tea colored. Some blood midges were coming off in mid afternoon, but not many fish keying in on them. I saw some damsel nymphs swimming near the shore so I got out of my tube and started casting a damsel pattern. I had an intermediate sink tip line and was using extremely short and quick strips. This is how I fooled the only trout of the day between the three of us. A 10" cutt.

I would suspect the warming weather would increase the blood midge hatches and energize the pigs in that lake. Good luck if you go. Hope this helps.