PDA

View Full Version : Water Temps?

Tony Buzolich
06-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Does anybody know the current water temperature on the American?

I just got in from the Yuba and the Feather with temps of 58 degrees on the Yuba and 68/70degrees on the Feather.

Managed 4 stripers on the Feather and then moved down to the mouth of the Yuba and started looking for shad. Picked up another dink striper on a shad fly then all hell broke loose around the boat with big fish exploding and chasing bait to the surface. Switched back to my 9w. and and gave it another half hour without find MO.

Hmmmm, maybe at first light tomarrow?
TONY

David Lee
06-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Tough break when they won't eat , Tony ..... Hope ya get 'em soon !! David

Tony Buzolich
06-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm starting to like living close to the water here. I launch at 6:00 and am back to the house for breakfast by 8:00/8:30.
Managed three keepers. No big schools like last week. I'll go out again this evening and fish till 9:00 if the wind isn't blowing.

Anybody have any temps for the American yet?
TONY

BigWilly
06-09-2005, 08:59 PM
temps for the American River are 68

BigWilly
06-18-2005, 12:11 AM
temps for the American River are 58

David Lee
06-18-2005, 12:18 AM
BigWilly -

..... Make up your mind , man ..... :roll:

58 degrees means Half-Pounders in , either from the American , or Feather fish looking to cool off - so , go get 'em !!

David

Tony Buzolich
06-18-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks Willy,

At least I have something to go from or compare to.

I think 58 degrees is probably right for the American. That's exactly what it is on the lower Yuba as well.
The Feather, after coming out of the afterbay, is 68-70 degrees. The stripers really seem to like the slightly warmer water.
Still lots of small fish though I did pick up two at 6lb. and 7lbs.
Great fun on a 6w. or 8w.

Thank again Willy, TONY

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-19-2005, 12:24 PM
If the flows ever go down it will all go wild for a short time, maybe a month.

I hear they are getting some nice chrome Spring run King Salmon on the lower Yuba River below Deguarre Dam while fly fishing for Shad. This is a comon event. Not predicaable, but comon.

We have tons of Halfpounders, Spring Salmon, Strpers and Shad in all the Valley rivers but too much water for easy fly fishing.

When the flows go down you want to be out there as much as possible for two to four weeks.

As soon as the water controllers feel safe about the reservoir capacities and runoff they will pull back the lever and it will all stop in a few days when this happens.