PDA

View Full Version : NO TRANSPORT!

Tracy Chimenti
06-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Hey guys, the best you can do is a shore lunch. The fish have to be immediately beheaded and left at the lake. No transport under any circumstances. DFG will give out fines.

Personally, I enjoy a big stick and a game of pike baseball!

Darian
06-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Traci,.... I'm a little confused about the transportation angle.... Section 5.51 of the Reg's indicates in part, "....The angler shall maintain the head and body of the fish in refrigerated or frozen condition, whenever possible, until the Department collects the Northern Pike." 8) In an earlier part, the reg's require the angler to keep the fish and report to DFG within 24 hours of making the catch... :? .

Doesn't sound like the fish may be eaten... :? . Also, I don't see anything banning transport to a source of refrigeration... :? . Did DFG personnel give you this info :?: :?:

Gregg
06-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Darian... you are either brilliant, or have way too much time on your hands. I didn't even know there was a regulation book, and it has sections?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P

Tracy Chimenti
06-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Sorry. This is the old rule, from about two years ago-- No transport and body must be left at lake. I tell ya, if I catch one, off comes the head and the rest is crawdad feed or fodder for the BBQ.

Tracy