PDA

View Full Version : East Cape Surf.... What Gives????

Darian
06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey gang,.... Posted this on Bajafly, also..... While at Rancho Leonero, we walked down the beach to an freshwater estuary approximately half way between the resort and La Ribera. This estuary was alive with birds, greenery and small fish, etc. Altho somewhat desolate, it was beautiful.... 8) 8)

The temp of the water (in June) exiting this estuary was very warm compared to the surrounding water (approx 78 degrees at the time)..... Also, this water provided a low level of turbidity plus a sand bar to cast from to deeper water.... It looked so good, I was really stoked.... :D :D

However, after an hour and a half of casting/retrieving, NADA :? :? Not even a follow... :cry: . Fished deep sinking and intermediate heads with a small (3") Sardina fly.... . Thought I'd picked a great spot for sure :? :?

Anyone have any insights about what happened here :?: :?: :?:

David Lee
06-02-2005, 11:37 PM
hmmmmm .... I think what happened was , the gamefish were missing - nothing more .

Fish move , sometimes .... or so I've been told . :roll:

Don't worry , D. - You'll get 'em next time :!:

David

Darian
06-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Yep,.... Gary Graham said right place wrong time.... His response indicated that the estuary was a very good place to catch a number and variety of fish... 8) 8) . Guess my timing wasn't right :? . I'll get 'em next time.... :twisted: :twisted: