PDA

View Full Version : June Fly Swap Sign-Ups in Process!

Hairstacker
06-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Hello out there everyone!

Sign-ups for the June fly swap are now in progress! The pattern is "saltwater," your choice. To sign up, just reply on this thread, indicating your desire to participate. That's it!

I will close the sign-up period on June 5 and the flies will be due to me by July 5. After sign-ups close on June 5, I will send each participant a Private Message on this board to disclose where to mail them. Once all the swap flies are received on or about July 5, I will sort them so each participant gets back one of each pattern which I will mail in the container you sent with your flies.

The number of flies you will tie will equal the number of participants, plus one extra fly that will be donated to a good cause. So, we won't know how many to tie until sign-ups close.

You don't need to know which pattern you're going to tie when you sign up. But just post again to this thread when you do know so I can update the list of names and patterns in a thread that I will title, "June Fly Swap Update," where I'll maintain an updated list of names and patterns as they're revealed.

No restrictions on type of saltwater pattern, although I'm sure everyone would like to know if the pattern you're tying is particularly effective for a certain fish species and/or location. But if it's just a "general" pattern, that's perfectly ok too. I do request that everyone identify the length of their pattern when they indicate what they're tying -- I say this because some patterns can be up to 6 inches or more long, and it would help to know this so everyone ships in a container large enough to accommodate receiving the patterns being tied. Would hate to have to fold anyone's flies in half in order to fit 'em in their container! :lol: Fair enough? And please attach a little paper tag (i.e., "toe tag") to each hook that identifies the tyer and name of pattern -- I have found these extremely helpful in keeping track of the names of flies and who tied them.

Should be a fun swap with some interesting, colorful patterns! It always feels like Christmas to me when I get a box of swap flies in the mail. I ESPECIALLY welcome folks of ANY fly tying ability who haven't participated in any of the swaps thus far. It's all in good fun and past swaps have shown ALL levels of ability. This is an easy, very friendly group and, speaking for myself, swaps are a GREAT learning experience. You tend to try your best when you tie for others, which raises your skill level and, believe me, you will look at your own flies with a new set of eyes. Anyway, fly swaps are common throughout the internet and the ones hosted on this board are a GREAT way to get your feet wet! 8)

SullyTM
06-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi Mike...Sign me up. Sully's Bendback, 2/0 hook, no longer than 3 inches.

Darian
06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey Mike,.... I'm in for my idea of a Mullet pattern... 8) 8) . Length, probably be about 3 1/2 inches..... Hook size about 1/0 or 2/0... :D :D :D .

Jgoding
06-01-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm in.... I will tie a Whitlock deep sheep....not sure if this is a "saltwater" pattern but I think it would do alright.

Jeff

Brian
06-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Oh boy, I'm in this one. I finally have time to tie. I'll be making up some glass minnows. It's very popular Florida snook pattern.

Brian

PaulC
06-01-2005, 04:58 PM
I'll be tying up some razzlers which are very effective down here in the surf.
Not sure what size yet but most likely a 2 or a 4.

David Lee
06-01-2005, 05:16 PM
You had me at "hello" ..... :P

David Lee , fly T.B.A :?:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SullyTM
06-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Hairstacker...Already I'm changing things :? My flies will be in the 3-4 inches range...Depends on the sizing of my materials (Will be using some Michigan Road Kill Bucktail) Still a 2/0 hook...Sully's Sparkling Bendback! Got 3 tied already...Gotta quit, 5 Easy Pieces is on VOD...Later.