PDA

View Full Version : Bass'n, BG's and Golden Lips

Jay Murakoshi
05-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Just got home from an all day trip to the lake. It was a long, hot day on the water. The morning found some great fishing for spotted bass and some bluegill and as the morning wore on, the carp started getting curious and came into the shallows to eat. They were shy at first but then it was like someone turned on the switch. I ended up with 10 carp, but nothing big. But there were some in the high 20's low 30lb range. Just gotta figure out the big boys. I caught most of my fish on the Janssen leech pattern in brown. It was dark as I was motoring/rowing my pram back to the dock. Couldn't see squat in the dark until I saw the headlights from the cars. Stayed out way later than I wanted to but I was way down the lake. I wasn't worried about getting cold. The temperature registered 84 degrees on my cars gauge and that was around 9pm tonight.
Tomorrow I'm taking alittle more than a 5 wt rod, just incase I hook the carp of my life.

Photo's tomorrow (i hope)

Jay

SullyTM
06-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Jay...Don't you just love those carp? The local creek I frequent hardly has any left...they must have headed back out to the Delta?? Now I have to wait until October and the start of the Chinook migration...

Hairstacker
06-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Jay just got back (what, 2 weeks ago?) from a month in Baja nailing equipment-busting fish in the salt, and he's already out there chasing bluegill. I'm telling you, next to the definition of a "born fisherman" is undoubtedly a picture of Jay -- just has to be out there catching something, anything, 'cause it's in the blood. 8) Jay, I hope you get a carp that's so big you'll think you're back in Baja!

Jay Murakoshi
06-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Well, just got home from the lake. I didn't get the monster today but I did hook something that I farmed and it felt like the monster. But I was using my ultra light fly rod. It's a J. Kennedy Fisher Bush rod. 5' 3wt. so a 4" blue gill would feel like a tuna. It was definitly some thing large, I'm thinking a spotted bass. I also hooked and missed someone's pet goldfish (koi fish). It had to be at least 10 pounds.
Going to figure out some different stratagies for the carp, that are not getting smart.
Too many flies to tie today so I didn't stay long. I might head back later this evening, if I don't go chasing that little white ball.

Jay