PDA

View Full Version : After work?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-23-2005, 09:03 AM
I think the prime time for bass and panfish is that evening bite on top.

If you have you gear in your car you can fish a pond on foot or in a float tube any weeknight now.

I like small black hairbugs or poppers on top from 6pm till dark. As soon as the sun gets off the water the bass and panfish seem to get real surface oriented. Sometime I don't think you even need to move it at all. I just keep working down the shore line or edge of a weed line.

A float tube is one of the deadliest ways to do this but any water craft will help.

BigBuddha
05-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Bill does the wind affect the topwater bite. It seems like the evening around my house gets a pretty good breeze and the other day the bite wasn't very good at all on top. It got dark and we didn't try nymphs.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Early in the evening I look for shade and smooth water.

I think the surface bite is put off by the wind.

You need smooth water with no sun on it.

Adam Grace
05-24-2005, 01:28 AM
I've had my best evening surface fishing for bass when there is little to no wind. A nice calm warm evening is like Butta!

I know the fishing will be on when the weather is warm and there is no wind, calm surfaces show the topwater strikes better too :twisted:

Rick J
05-24-2005, 06:17 AM
The lake where I live has really started to turn on - during the day you need to go down for them but Bill you are right on when you say right at dark they just go nuts for top water.