PDA

View Full Version : I guess a little high water did not stop...................

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-21-2005, 11:51 PM
...........top local drift boat guide Mike Bias today on the lower American River.

http://www.kiene.com/images/biasstriper.jpg

This is one of his 'secret spots' @ 20,000cfs.

Jasonh
05-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Mike was probably the only one on the water the past few days considering all the gates to the parks are closed. That "secret spot" seems to be producing some nice fish lately. Looks like i might have to give it a try next week.

Jason Hartwick

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-22-2005, 04:58 PM
It looks like the water is going down to 17,000 soon.

I drove over it a few time in the past couple of days and wow.............its big.

smokeater
05-22-2005, 06:36 PM
I went into Folsom yesterday and crossed the Rainbow Bridge. There were a couple of wave trains there right under the bridge. I saw a few people down stream in kayaks and a driftboat just below. Looks like it could be fun..........when was the last time we saw anything in Lake Natomas that wasn't completely flat and placid?

Darian
05-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Hmmmm,..... Looks like Mike's secret spot was the parkin' lot at Discovery park :lol: . Lotsa trees, etc. to create current seems there right now... :lol: :P :P :P :P

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Mike was in today and I think he wa actually kidding me when he sent that picture.

That water tonight going over 80 by Cal Expo was up into the bushes on the bank. I guess it is backed up from the flow coming down the Sacramento.

It is flowing 8,300cfs right now (Thursaday PM)

Rob
05-26-2005, 10:20 PM
I think your right about him kidding you .

The American has been up and over the Island behind mikes left shoulder for over two weeks and over those wood stumps between the Island and the bank for over three weeks.

Rob

David Lee
05-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Hmmmmm .... A jive report ?? :o

A guide "kidding" ??? :shock:

People believeing hot Striper action with the flows over 15,000CFS ????? :evil:

Looks like the Sacramento Suckers ain't just in the water - :P

David(non-Sucker)Lee