PDA

View Full Version : What to do when the river is blown ??????

David Lee
05-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Pick one , or add one - let us know how YOU spend the down-time .

David

Hairstacker
05-17-2005, 12:11 AM
High water be damned!! But tying flies I'll never use was a close second. :lol:

David Lee
05-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Rough call , isn't it ??

To be honest , I had to go with the first option ..... The truth hurts , but I'm gettin' pretty good at whining and blaming Seals/rain/low pressure/high water/too many people ......

Those fishes are in DEEP TROUBLE come July :twisted:

David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-17-2005, 07:37 AM
I think I am going bass fishing again this coming weekend?

Maybe Cameron park lake on Saturday.

I guess you need a boat or float tube.

Wingman
05-17-2005, 10:59 AM
It is "Honey do" time. Better now than when the fishing is good. I will sneak out ocassionally check conditions though, but don't tell the boss! She thinks I am working all the time. :wink:

LostInTheFog
05-17-2005, 01:53 PM
I refuse to pick just one! :x :x

SteelieD
05-17-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm with 'Lost'... I usually do Honey-Do's, but drink to excess in the process!

David Lee
05-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Cool !! None of you have copped to kicking the pets yet - :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

David

BigBuddha
05-17-2005, 02:48 PM
I usually go to the local pond for bluegills, but it looks like the rain and wind are coming in.

Tracy Chimenti
05-17-2005, 06:19 PM
I either garden, build something, sleep, or go to the mountains. Some nice places to go are Hell Hole, Davis Lk., Tahoe, Silver, Caples, French Meadows. I like to find a place with waterfalls spewing into the lake and lay back with the streamers and jigs. It's uncanny! Beautiful fish that get trolled over can be yours.

Tracy

gryhackl
05-17-2005, 06:48 PM
HEY I KNOW WHAT! LET'S ALL GO VISIT ADAM!!

JJohnson
05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Amazing! As if there is one and only God's gift to fishing, the mighty American River. Guess what - I'm fishing, catching fish, having a terrific time, and haven't whined in about 35 years. Get over it. Or give up "fishing."

David Lee
05-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Amazing! As if there is one and only God's gift to fishing, the mighty American River. Guess what - I'm fishing, catching fish, having a terrific time, and haven't whined in about 35 years. Get over it. Or give up "fishing."

Wow !

Sorry if my little stab at humor cheesed you off .

Tell ya what - I'll try very hard to "get over it" , o.k. ??

David -PS .... Glad you're getting into fish .

Darian
05-17-2005, 09:05 PM
There's always Pyramid Lake...... 8) 8) Until it's too late for bad weather.... :lol: :lol:

2short
05-18-2005, 10:40 AM
I remind myself that if wasn't for my dog I'd have taken up kayaking years ago and I would be enjoying the high flows, but I don't resort to kicking him.
2short

Hairstacker
05-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Hey JJohnson, if David APPEARS "upset" (with his tongue firmly planted in cheek), it's just because it's his home water and he practically lives on that river, so he refers to it alot. David's fishing other waters and having a terrific time too -- did you catch his thread about the carp he recently landed? GREAT story, check it out. :D

David Lee
05-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Well , fellas .... It's not just this side of the world gettin' the weather - Just got a Email from Max Garth in Yanchep (south of Perth) , West Australia . Max says it's HOWLIN' and POURING sideways down under (mid-fall there ....) and they are expecting a lot more :shock: .

I hope the storms don't ruin his fishing for Australian Salmon (nope , not like ours) and Tailor (like our Bluefish) ... Max was planning a trip to Kalbarri , up the coast to catch the runs of fish .

Into every life ..... a little rain shall fall :P . Enough already :!:

David