PDA

View Full Version : 5/9 Hot Bite

Jay Murakoshi
05-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Just finding time to poat yesterday's report.... All I can say is the group had a hot bite for the final day of fishing... I heard that most of the people caught big jacks ranging from 15lbs up to ???' Some would guess 25lbs according to the captain. One person hooked into 4 or 5 roosters with the estimated weight of at least 30lbs. The ones who didn't come catch or hook into a rooster are coming back for the Pez Gallo. There were also a couple of Wahoo hooked but on 20lb, it only lasted a second.
We did see a couple whoo on Sunday that were estimated by the captain to be around 50lbs.
Hopefully this week will bring flat water and alot jacks, roosters and dorado

The reports will be posted

Jay

Darian
05-10-2005, 10:04 PM
ARRRRRrrrrrgh :!: :!: :!: :!: Uuuuunnnnnhhhh,..... Don't... know how much..... longer I can take this.... If I don't get down there soon, I'm gonna EXPLODE :!: :!: :!:

k.hanley
05-11-2005, 09:58 AM
I just got back and Jay speaks the truth... it was a great ending to our clinic. The week was a battle ground for equipment (rods,reels,lines).

If I can give you some insights before heading down south here's what I'd recommend:
1. Practice your casting techniques with sinking lines, shooting heads, heavy gear, etc.
2. Have a backup system (includes reel and rod and line)
3. Bring a variety of fly patterns (that includes variety in size, color, and weight)
4. Expect to work for your fish... it ain't a planted trout stream
5. Be ready for a f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c adventure!
Cheers, Ken
PS: Oh, and bring your camera gear. 8)