PDA

View Full Version : 05/07 Report

Jay Murakoshi
05-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Here we go again.
Another great day in baja. The weather is starting to get warmer and the fishing is getting hotter.

Well, let's start off with the gear report - One person in my boat lost three shooting heads by having the manufactures braided loops come right off the line. We won't mention any manufacture names but they are big in the industry. Then in the same boat, we had a reel failure. As a big skippie was heading to the depths of the baja shore line, the guy got rapped on the knuckles, breaking the reel handle and sending it over board and sinking like a rock. It took him a while to finger wind the fish in and finally we handline the fish in the rest of the way. Actually I could of hand line the fish in from the beginning but I wanted to have the experience. It was a 14lb skipījack. Once again, I won't mention the reel company. The reel was definitly not a heavy duty salt water reel.
When every one got back to the van for the ride home, then I heard of more equipment failure...... A reel froze up completely, it won't even turn.
Then the prize taker of the day. We had a reel brake off from the reel seat, actually the front hood of the reel seat broke and off come the reel into the big blue. The reel was a Lamson Reel and the rest of the rod went with it. What an expensive day.... Once again no mention of the rod company but it's in the player's market

Now on to the fishing reports !!!!!!!!

Great day in my boat. My two clients are smiling from ear to ear even with the loss of the lines, reels.
We pulled on a couple skippies before all the interuptions hit. I was working on gear for about an hour. While I was installing a braid loop onto the end of a line, the other guy lost his reel handle. So finishing up the line and getting him back into the water, I started on the reel. Took his extra reel, which had nothing on it and wound on some backing and then the full line which was not quite designed for the rod but hey when the tackle shop is not around use what you have. As soon as the guy who had his line repaired hooked into another skippie, POW the manufactured braid loop broke again, so now I'm working on two rods.
Well, we finally got back to fishing, landed some a"" kicking skippies, then we headed for more bait and off to find the wizard of rooster's.
We stopped at some nervous water on the way and had 2 huge wahoo eating on the surface... No wahoo.
But we did find alot of eating roosters and jacks.... In my boat, we landed
3 jacks - 15, 17 and 20lbs..... one rooster and one big rooster at 27lbs.
These are all rookies remember

Going to cut the report short so I don't take up alot of board space but there are alot of other fish I could talk about

I'll be back tomorrow

Jay

Hairstacker
05-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Wow Jay! I think I enjoyed your gear report more than your fish report. :lol: Amazing stuff! :shock: Sounds like life-time warranty guarantees are a serious consideration when buying for the type of fishing you're doing.

Happy to hear your clients are getting thrashed -- I'll bet they're loving every minute of it! :D Keep those reports coming, they're GREAT!