PDA

View Full Version : Fish pull?n People

Jay Murakoshi
05-06-2005, 04:08 PM
What a great day it is. Flat water, warm weather and fish pulling on people. Took the group out today for their first experience. It was amazing to watch the fish pull people instead of the other way around.
Some of the skippies were in the 15lb range. Lot's of HUGE jacks broken of and alot more spotted next to the panga.
You would think people would be able to cast to boiling fish but it's the same old thing, a few boils and all the casting abilities go to hell. I think we could of pulled on skippies all morning but we ventured off in search of the Pez Gallo and wasn't disappointed. Some jacks in the high 20's were hooked but lost due to way to much playing the fish. Some smallish pargo's were caught also. I had some shots at three dorado. Saw some fish getting out of dodge and then saw the big neon signs swimming. I hooked one only to pull the fly from the mouth. Out of the three dorado, two were at least 30lbs and then a baby about 15lbs.

Two broken rods today and two more fly lines separated at the transition.
One line also unpeeled in only a 2' section. One reel just gave up, got tired on a huge skip jack

More tomorrow

From Baja, this is senor Jay signing off

JAY

Darian
05-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Senor Jay,..... I can't hear youuuu, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la..... I can't hear youuuuu, la, la......

Dam, I'm jealous :twisted: :twisted: Gotta get down there :!: :!:

Hairstacker
05-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Awesome stuff Jay! Some day, I hope to fish in a place where the fish destroy your rods, burn out your reels, and treat your fly lines like tippet. :shock: Sounds great! :lol:

Adam Grace
05-06-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm glad that i'm not the only board member going lalalala to Jay's awesome posts. :lol:

Jay, I'm glad that you and your party are catching nice fish down in Mexico :!:

Tony Buzolich
05-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Hi Jay,
Gee I wish we all had those problems you're having, but one thing keeps coming up. You mentioned that two lines came apart at the transition. I think someone mentioned this once before on a previous post.
Are your referring to integrated lines coming apart at the head/running line union? If so, what brand are you using that are doing this?

I've used Cortland QD and Teeny lines for years and have put some tremendous pressure on them fighting salmon in the rivers, but never had that as a problem. I have had the coatings on both peel but that was mainly from wear.

Have fun down there,
TONY