PDA

View Full Version : Rooster's and more

Jay Murakoshi
05-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Gotta into a bunch of different species today. but we were keying in on my main fish the PEZ GALLO. We found them along the beach in gin clear water and a lot of them. There were some huge jacks busting our bait on the surface. Hook into one about 18lb with a bad attitude. Broke him off at the frayed section of the line.....live and learn.
Then as I was casting to a single rooster, our guide yelled School of Pez Gallo, I turned and saw the largest school of roosters I have ever seen. There was probably 50 or more all on the surface eating what we were throwing. Ken hooked into one about 7 to 10lbs I dropped two and then finally stuck one but as it was clearing line the stupid running line flipped a loop around the butt end of the rod - gone.

The wind came up and it was a windy ride back but tomorrow it suppose to be flat, no viento.

Gotta love baja

Jay

Darian
05-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Oh Maaannnnn,..... The ol' loop around the butt of the rod trick'll lose 'em every time :cry: :cry:

PEZ GALLO, PEZ GALLO, PEZ GALLO :!: :!: :!: I gotta get down there :!:

Hairstacker
05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Jay, sounds like it might be time to hacksaw the butt of that rod off. :lol: Wish I had that problem. :( :lol:

MSP
05-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Jay, keep those reports coming, you're getting me excited! (easy guys) I'm heading for the East Cape on the 14th and Rooster fishing is about as good gets! Hoping for a couple of DoDo's for the BBQ too! Are you staying at Rancho Leonaro?

Hairstacker
05-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Jay, I have to wholeheartedly second what Mike just said, keep those reports coming! You have a way of writing them that makes me feel like I'm briefly visiting with you on the water. :D 8)

Mike, REALLY looking forward to your report(s) as well. :D 8)

David Lee
05-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Jay - It's a shame you forgot the stupid camera cable ..... I'd love to see some shots of "Un Pez Muy Fuerte" , not to mention some Bonita Nativas :twisted:

Please work on your line-management skills , you are breaking off as many fishes as big Ken (pass along a HELLO , will ya ??) - stay safe and don't split any nails :idea:

David

PaulC
05-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey Mike,
I'll be staying at Rancho Leonero first week of June. I'm tying like a madman with bucktails and epoxy all over the house at this point. Let me know how ya do out there. Any pointers on good structure would be mucho appreciated.

Jay- you're killin me with these reports. What flies are you guys grabbin them on? Sea Habits? Clousers? Super Large Ruffy patterns?
Definitely makes you want to forsake the day job and RUN as fast as possible to baja.

We're pretty blown out here coastal wise with the last rains, but the guys down south have been pickin up some beans.
Somewhat pales in comparison to a monster rooster tho, but hopefully a good sign for things to come down here.
-Paul