PDA

View Full Version : The Concrete Pond

MSP
05-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Well with the weather today didn't have to work this morning so I hit the Concrete Pond again. Pretty fun today getting around 15 Bass on a Balsa Minnow I created about 20 years ago. I knew that thing would work eventually, until I hit the iron fence and busted the hook on a backcast :( So I came home and hate to say this but got the ultralite out and went back with a Baby Spook and nailed a few more. The fish were a little smaller today but still around 1 1/2 pounds. Great fun watching those fish bust the surface. I feel like I'm catching my pets! :evil: Oh well it's a dirty jopb and I quess somebody has to do it! Till next time, good fishin'.

Darian
05-05-2005, 01:00 PM
AMEN!!!! (....It's a tough job part)

Hairstacker
05-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Mike, 15 bass? That's fantastic! I can tell you're going to be tying a lot of topwater bass bugs in the near future. 8) 8) 8)

MSP
05-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Hey Mike, I can't seem to get them to hit a popper yet, deer hair or balsa. This guy was fishing a jointed Rapala and nailed 5 Bass in just a few minutes, so I went back with the Balsa Minnow. Well I guess you're right, I'm sitting here right now glueing some balsa around a hook. Boy those fish are in trouble now! :roll:

Hairstacker
05-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Mike, next time you see David Lee, have him demonstrate one of his Crease flies for you. Darn things have more action built into 'em than a rapala. I think you will be very impressed, as I was, and those bass will fear you and talk about you behind your back.

MSP
05-05-2005, 06:27 PM
I'll do that Mike, thanks. David? :shock: