PDA

View Full Version : Davis Lake in CA last weekend

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Here is a report from Bill DeWalt from the Amador Fly Fishers:

"Hi Bill,
Our group of five Amador Flyfishers traveled to Davis Lake last Friday, had a good sleep in a motel, and fished the weekend. We met a retired local who fishes three or four days a week. Last Wed. he caught 13, Thursday: 16, Friday: 10 and on Saturday, with us, he got 3. It seems that the barometer had dropped. Everyone in our party brought in one rainbow on Saturday. We also got one small pike and I got one nice largemouth (on Saturday).

Sunday was a different story: one angler got one rainbow, with the others getting between 4 and 6. I got lucky with seven. It was a better day!

Take care, Bill"

***Late May and June should be very good at Davis Lake this year.

Rick J
05-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Those guys were tougher than Don Rotsma and I. Sat was pretty windy - we both landed one fish and each lost another but theye were nice - Don's was close to 20" and a screamer which is unusual for this early.

Sunday was rainy and windy - we went out for a bit but quit after a couple of hours as it was just too damn cold for us wimps!!!! Even Don's dogs wanted to come in!

We saw a number of blood midges hatching and also a number of damsels swimming in the film. Scoped alot of fish but think the barometer was against us as few grabs. Water temp was arond 51.