PDA

View Full Version : New Redington fly rods (by Sage)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-01-2005, 09:38 PM
I was just noticing how nice the new Redington fly rods are now that Sage bought them.

The RS3 4 piece are $199 and come with a lifetime warranty and a nice Cordura cover rod case.

The CPS 4 piece are $249 and also come with a lifetime warranty and a Cordura covered rod case.

They come in lots of sizes from 3 to 12 weights.

Next time you are in the shop take a serious look at these rods.

Their cosmetics and hardware at very nice.

They feel very good too. I will have to cast some.

Bill Markwood
05-02-2005, 05:44 PM
After you cast the CPS I'd be interested in reading your opinion.

Darian
05-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Question for Bill,..... Before we spoke today, I "kicked the tires" on the two Redington fly rods you mention. Not much difference in price but I found the actions a bit soft :? . They were 12 weight, 4pc rods. The RS3 had a thicker butt section..... Both rods look very good 8) .

Haven't casted 'em yet but.... I'm sure I could cast either of these rods very well 8) . What concerns me is the lifting power of these rods.... They don't seem as solid as the TFO rods of comparable sizes (....not a big fan of TFO rods). Am I just worried too much or what :?: :?: :roll:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Darian,

We should cast them both outside with others with a WF13F.

I am more concerned with casting that lifting myself.

SteelieD
06-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Bill - or anyone - Have you cast that CPS yet? I am looking for a 4 piece in a 5 weight and I have heard a couple of positive comments on this rod. I still want the SLT, but, at more than half the cost, the CPS seems to be a good buy...

Adam Grace
06-09-2005, 10:32 PM
The CPS is faster than the SLT. The SLT has a great FEEL. The CPS is a nice rod for the money but it's not the SLT. Not everyone can purchase a SLT without the risk of devorce or bankruptcy. :D The CPS rods feel very nice for the price point, so do the Scott A2's, Sage Fli's.

Give all of them a try if your budget is near $300. If you can afford the SLT cast it along side of those others rods and pick the rod that FEELS the best to you.

flygolf
06-09-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm with Adam. I cast a buddies CPS rod and it is very nice if you like the faster action rods. I'm more of a med. fast action in the lower line wieghts and the SLT is perfect. One thing I can say about the CPS rod is the warranty is great. I broke the rod on the second section and sent it in with $25 and they sent back a brand new rod with the tip section of the original rod all within a week. Can't say that about any other manufacturer I've had to send a rod back to.

steve sullivan
06-11-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm with Adam. I cast a buddies CPS rod and it is very nice if you like the faster action rods. I'm more of a med. fast action in the lower line wieghts and the SLT is perfect. One thing I can say about the CPS rod is the warranty is great. I broke the rod on the second section and sent it in with $25 and they sent back a brand new rod with the tip section of the original rod all within a week. Can't say that about any other manufacturer I've had to send a rod back to.

You probablly havent had a tfo then. Tfo has a unbeatable warranty. Maybe redington has tied it? :)

flygolf
06-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Steve, you're right, I don't have any TFO's although I hear they are an outstanding value. It's good to hear about thier warranty as well. Maybe I'll add one to my collection. Thanks

SteelieD
06-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Thanks guys. I think divorce might be in the cards if I buy that SLT... you know groceries, kids tuition, mortgage, all that stuff seems to take precedence. Go figure! :? I havn't thought much about the TFO's but I'll take a closer look.