PDA

View Full Version : Hot Time

Jay Murakoshi
05-01-2005, 03:51 PM
What a differnce a day makes, 24 little hours.
The fishing really turned on for everyone today. There were skippes all over the place. My Rookies were into them big time, really sweating up a storm. I think the largest one landed by there was around 14lbs. I landed one about the same. I only caught 3 then quit. I have to pace myself since I'll be here for another 3 weeks. Saw one huge dorado swimming and eating around the boat but wouldn't take the fly.
Went looking for some toro and pez geyo and found them big time.
My first cast was a jack around 20lbs and a few othere in double digits were landed by me. My rookies did great. I think one on there jacks would probably of tipped the scale at 25lbs..... Remember, these guys are rookies and the first thing they said when we got in the van to come back to the hotel was Damn, i've never had a fish take me into my backing. My last fish of the day was a 20lb rooster, the first rooster these guys have ever seen. Oh yeah, the school of fish was around 300. It was amazing to see this many fish at one in one location.

No wind, a hot air temperature....

Hopefully I'll post a great report tomorrow

Jay

Hairstacker
05-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Jay, sounds like you had a fantastic day, good for you guys! Nice to hear backing serves a purpose other than taking up space. 8)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Boy, That Jay has a tuff life.

Three weeks in Baja..............I think he needs a caddy? or a water boy?

Darian
05-01-2005, 10:56 PM
I'll do it..... :!: :!: :!: Try me :!: :!: Over here :!: :!:

Maybe I oughta buy a panga and move to East Cape, Baja.... :D :D :wink: :wink: I'd like nothing better than spending a month in Baja wandering around on the beaches or fishing in-shore (even off-shore) out of a super panga.... I still recall how to use a cast net for bait/chum.... 8) 8) 8) 8)