PDA

View Full Version : American report - 4-30-2005

David Lee
04-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Hit the lower river mid-morning (8:40) ... Lots of fly and gear guys in boats floating directly over where the Stripes have been holding . The total for the day was one 13-inch Smolt on a pale-pink Shad fly .

Also had a local flyfisherperson (who shall remain nameless for the time being :roll: ) float down well within my casting range and cast repeatedly into the same water I was throwing into without even saying "hello" :o - I guess I must be getting more invisible every day :? .

If you go ..... try above Howe , 'cause there ain't much downstream from there (if there was , I'd have had a bite) .

Off to nap now ..... worked too much this week and must get some sssssssleeeep ..... :idea:

David

NCS
04-30-2005, 03:38 PM
If only you were as invisable to fish as you are to other fisherpersons! Sorry to hear about the slow morning and waterhogs. The local derby may have had something to do with the competition? I did read that there were a few nice females taken on plugs above Verona in the derby. I am going to try to head up that way early in the week, and I'll post if I can get out!
Nick

Hairstacker
04-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Sorry to hear about the floater David. Hope it's nobody I know. . . . :x

David Lee
04-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Didja ever notice .... I'm always cryin' about someone with no manners :cry: ???

Who ever said you should say Hi or ask permission to chuck onto another persons water :? ????

Why hold the door open for a Lady that ya don't know :o ???

Why greet your fellow human w/ a smile :shock: ?

I'm not going to continue to rant/bitch about it - I likely won't post too many more reports about the river , too many people are in the spots that I've found .......

All I can say is this - Treat your fellow flyfisher like you would want to be treated -Be civil , be warm , talk like an OPEN Human .... No bullshit or pretence , Be glad that the two of you are not killing everything in sight ....

That pretty much sums it all up . David

SullyTM
05-01-2005, 07:06 PM
David...No need to apologize to me. After spending a day on the water with you it's plain as the nose on my face that the AR is big enough for everyone to enjoy. People don't need to be rude, but it's going to happen. No real answer to this problem and I know that it can spoil an otherwise good day of fly fishing.

LostInTheFog
05-02-2005, 10:13 AM
All I can say is this - Treat your fellow flyfisher like you would want to be treated -Be civil , be warm , talk like an OPEN Human .... No bullshit or pretence , Be glad that the two of you are not killing everything in sight ....

Amen, brother.

smokeater
05-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Don't appologize David. I am amazed at how inconsiderate some of these people can actually be, especially the guides that pawn themselves off as professionals as they try to cock block locals while plenty of prime water is open for their clients further up or down stream. In steelhead season I fish almost exclusively during the week and walk as far as I need to just to get away from the crowds only to have some guy in a drift boat come through the run I'm working, eddy out and swing in right behind me. One day I was downstream of Sailor and there was a pair of boats, one guy fishing while the other boat was filming(I can't remember who the fisher was but I have seen him on OLN). These guys came through and parked their boats about 30 feet upstream for lunch at which time one of the camera guys started tossing rocks. Not cool.

Hairstacker
05-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Smokeater, not cool? That had to be infuriating. I wouldn't have blamed you if you had thrown rocks at that guy. :x