PDA

View Full Version : Spey-o-Rama - Steve Choate

Rick J
04-30-2005, 01:37 PM
I cut an pasted this link from the Spey Pages board of Steve Choate casting at the recent Sepy-o-rama at Golden Gate. I printed it out on a 3 foot wide sheet and have it pasted on my wall at work - really great photo!!! Even non- fly fishers who stop by my desk are really impressed!!!

http://www.castflys.com/IMG_2209.jpg

Hairstacker
04-30-2005, 11:05 PM
THAT is a really cool picture! :D Thanks for sharing it!

Adam Grace
04-30-2005, 11:59 PM
That's an impressive cast!

I wish that I could have gone to the spey-o-rama.

Maybe next year.

David Lee
05-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Well , if you were not pestering the 'Gills and plying the local Bonita Nativias w/ Sierra Nevada ...... :twisted:

Hope life is good , my better-looking , less dangerous friend - :P

David

PS - I'm hoping to have a Talon WMD overhead here soon ..... 140-160 feet , those Stripes are in DEEP S#%T :!: :idea: :twisted:

Adam Grace
05-01-2005, 09:51 AM
David, with a big stick like that you might want to wear a hard helmet while you are over head casting. :lol:

Everything's going well here in Chico. I'm settling into the Best Buy job and I will soon be starting to work for Fish First.

I will use my float tube for the first time on my new private lake and explore for a while today.

Good luck with the stripes :!:

Uncle Barry
05-02-2005, 02:16 AM
Hi All.
Adam, Its strange who we humans see things, people who normaly use a 9 footer think a 14 is long, people who only use a 7 foot 4w, think 9 footers are long.

If you use, mainly a 14 footer, then you think a 12 footer is small, a 7 footer, a wee baby.

Now, to those who's casting skills allow themsevels to be hit my the fly, it's the casters fault, not the rod or the fly's, then a 14 footer's fly is a long way up in the sky, well away from you.
As a bonus, the fly clears scrub/bush and rocks that grab that steal a 9 footer's fly.

Now I think a 18 footer is big, the 14 is normal.. now busting to get both my hands around a 18footer.
Kind regards,
Barry.