PDA

View Full Version : Delta Sloughs.....

Darian
04-25-2005, 01:38 PM
OK everyone,..... Got out for some long needed time on the delta this AM 8) 8) . Found some good backwater sloughs with reeds and mats 8) . Water temp around 58 degrees 8) . Moved about casting small clousers for BB. Got a few small bass early but not consistent..... :? :?

Moving down one particular slough and casting to a bunch of reeds, there was a tremendous spalsh and commotion on the opposite bank near a blown down tree trunk..... :shock: When I looked, I noticed a very large Bass taking a struggling squirrel under water..... :shock: :shock: Man, I was so excited, I cast out on the bank and snagged a part of the tree branches..... :roll: :roll: After freeing the fly, I went on down the slough figuring I'd return to this spot later. 8) Caught a couple more bass but they were all small..... 8)

Time to return to THE SPOT.... :wink: 8) Moving back down the slough, I was approaching within a short cast to the blow down when I noticed some ripples coming out of the branches at the surface near the Tree. :? I looked closer and saw a 10 pound bass :shock: placing an acorn on the trunk, just above the water line..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Hairstacker
04-25-2005, 04:21 PM
So the water temperature is still hovering in the high 50's, eh? Bummer. Was hoping it at least made it to the 60 mark by now. Did you notice the water level being pretty high, after accounting for the tides?

David Lee
04-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Ya had me untill the second paragraph when you mentioned the Squirrel - I never believe SQUAT when it comes to rodents in fish storys :!:

David (who enjoys it when small , furry critters getting EATEN by MOE :twisted: )

LostInTheFog
04-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Didn't take me long reading that story before I smelled a rat too.

:shock:

Darian
04-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey guys,..... does it look like I hooked and brought mike in :?: :?: :?: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

David Lee
04-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Ol' Mike is a gentle , pure of heart creature ...... Try not to rub it in TOO much !!

Darian and Dan .... We REALLLLLY need to get Mike out soon :idea: .... He fishes less than I work anymore , and that ain't healthy :!:

David

Hairstacker
04-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Ha, ha, not quite. I've read about sneaky, acorn-baiting, squirrel-eating bass before, but I thought you might have ACTUALLY gone fishing. :lol: