PDA

View Full Version : The Gummy Minnow is getting hot now

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-22-2005, 10:20 PM
http://www.flyfishingmagazines.com/images/bonus/sff_048/p48_AAND04.pdf

Final after a year or so we are hearing that the Gummy Minnow is working for many.

David Lee
04-22-2005, 10:37 PM
I also hear that Otters rubber eggs are catching fish :roll: . Sorry , Bill - I hate to be a burr under anyone's saddle , but that "thing" is NOT a fly .

What is the point of learning the craft of FLY TYING if all you're gonna do is fold rubber sheeting over a hook ??!??

As usual , please send hate mail to my P.M. or Email - David

PS - don't worry .... If you can throw it on a flyrod , you probably won't wind up in hell - :twisted:

Hairstacker
04-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Au contraire, you do have to tie in lead wire and whip finish the thread before you fold over the skin. :lol:

Adam Grace
04-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Amen David!

steve sullivan
04-23-2005, 02:02 AM
http://www.flyfishingmagazines.com/images/bonus/sff_048/p48_AAND04.pdf

Final after a year or so we are hearing that the Gummy Minnow is working for many.

I noticed steelhead are now eating salmon fry, sans egg sac and with prominent par marks. Anyone have a sili skin recipe for a salmon fry?

MSP
04-26-2005, 06:36 AM
What flavors do they come in? :lol:

Adam Grace
04-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Mike great to have you back. :lol:

Where'd you go?

MSP
04-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Oh I've been around. Haven't had much to say lately :D I think my Mom said that if I didn't have something nice to say JUST SHUT UP and FISH! Fishing has been slow, fished Rossmoor for a while around 12:00 with nothing going on. Lot's of caddis emerging but no risers. Meeting Mike N tomorrow at Goethe, hope things start picking up :cry:

What have you been doing?

Adam Grace
04-26-2005, 11:21 PM
My internet service was down for three long days. I couldn't check the board, my e-mail or look at girllies :lol:

You don't know what you got 'til it's gone. I missed the internet, but I'm glad that it's back.

I've fished my pond a little bit with some success. I am starting to shift my focus from the giant bluegills to larger bass. I have switched to larger poppers and they have been producing som 1-1.5lb bass. Nothing too large but still fun on my 4wt G series.

Good luck on the American.

Hairstacker
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi Adam! Have you tried your foam frog pattern on 'em yet (the one with the yellow/white/green rubber legs)? That thing should SLAY 'em (figuratively speaking). :D

Adam Grace
04-27-2005, 12:14 AM
I have used a variation, gurgler style. I have not used the inverted "bass akwards' frog yet. I am waiting for the weed mats to grow. Then I will hit the mats with my inverted frog pattern.

The "frogler" my frog gurgler has caught some fish. I usually use that pattern during the day and most of my recent fishing has been at dusk. I recently unpacked my flaot tube and I will take it out sometime soon when I have a day to tube around the pond. Actually the "pond" is called a lake, Cal-Park Lake to be exact.

I will let you know more once I tube the lake.