PDA

View Full Version : THE MOTHER OF ALL REPORTS !!!!!!!

David Lee
04-22-2005, 08:23 PM
A late start .... Sully TM came up to fish the American , his first trip for Stripers !!

Thom workin' those fishes !!
http://members.sparedollar.com/fadoe/IM002051.JPG
A while later .... A boatload of :twisted: BAD MEN :twisted: come rowing thru .... Left to right - Mr. Natural (Jay Murakoshi) , Mike (don't hit me with that line !!) Bias , and Ken (more coffee ?) Hanley - Jay busted a 7 lb. Stripe and a few sticks , and Ken broke-off MOBY on the set and finished with a 18 lb. Stripe that was fought across 100 yards of river :shock: !!
http://members.sparedollar.com/fadoe/IM002049.JPG
I managed 2 Stripers and a BEAUTIFUL 6 1/2 lb. Spring Steelie !! If Sully had been 2 seconds faster w/ the photo , you would see it instead of me tryin' to raise golden nuggets .....
http://members.sparedollar.com/fadoe/IM002048.JPG

What a great day to be out !! Went home , BBQ'd , drank Beers (Mmmmmmm ) , and posted this report !! A great group of guys to see ANYTIME :arrow:
WEEEEEE- HAWWWWW !!!!!

David

Hairstacker
04-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Great report David!! Sounds like you and Thom had a great day, good for you guys! Judging by this report and the others, looks like the stripes are in the river in force. 8)

David Lee
04-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Mike - The river is BUTT-ASS COLD !!!!!! 51-53 degrees , Stripe don't eat so good at those temps (IMO) . The Steelie was a hog :shock: - one of the biggest I've landed at this time of the year (1/0 Rainbow Trout Clouser) .

I hope you can make it up here in the next few weeks - The time for hot fishing is just a few degrees away . Take care , and hope to see ya tomorrow !! David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the top notch report with pics David.

Mike Bias called in the report to us while we were at dinner with Andy and Eugene after work tonight at about 8:00pm.

I guess Lee Haskin was high rod today with a 31 pound fish on one of Charlie Bisharat's top water fly.

I just want a 10 pound fish? Is that too much to ask. Well, I guess you have to first get your fly wet more to deserve one?

See you in the AM at the Expo.

David Lee
04-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Bill - A 10 Lb. Stripe is NOT too much to ask for .

When do you want me to take ya out ????

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

All wading , long-throw stuff .... Trust me , you'll LOVE it !! David

Hairstacker
04-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Rainbow trout Clouser, eh? I'm going to have to get a good look at one of those -- anything that catches a steelie like that merits careful study. Imagine that thing did double-duty for the stripers. 8)

SullyTM
04-23-2005, 09:49 AM
A GREAT day indeed! David forgot to report my quick dip in the water! However, with the sun out I was able to dry out in 10 minutes...While watching for the drop offs I forgot about my shoreline foot...ALWAYS! ALWAYS! wear a waste belt of some kind! Even though I got skunked I learned so much about the river from David. THANKS! Mr. Lee is a true master of his domain. If anyone from the Forum wants a fun day, hook up with David. You won't be sorry. Plus, he and Mrs. Lee(and the 7 young 'uns) are ready to feed you after a loooooooooooong day on the water).

You folks are very fortunate to have the AR in your backyard. I learned river management and fly fishing techniques from David and I could care less about not getting a fishy...future trips they won't be so lucky.

Met the 3 amigos mentioned above and it was a pleasure jawing with them. Now, I didn't actually see Mr. Hanley's 18 pounder but his SCREAMS of excited from 150 yards downstream were convincing!!! Good catch! It's a good thing he didn't want me to take his picture. I probably would have dropped the camera!

Once again I can't thank David enough for this fabulous day...Plus, I promised him my long distance casting will be better the next time I visit.

Enjoy!

David Lee
04-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Thom is a quick study and a great guy to hang with !!

Congrats on #100 Thom .... Good to have ya here !! David

SullyTM
04-23-2005, 03:40 PM
David, Great guy to hang with?! You're making me blush! Maybe Bill can use that pix of me for my avatar?? Only until I catch a fish!! A good sign: my shoulder held up and that means more casting...Adios...

Hairstacker
04-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Thom, in David Lee's company, I'll bet you felt like you were with a professional guide. I have never met anyone who knows any piece of water better than David knows that one. Amazing, actually. :shock:

David Lee
04-23-2005, 08:01 PM
you're only as good as the company you keep .......

If it wasn't for ALL of my fellas on this board , my life would be as dull as marbles - take THAT to the bank - Thanks to all of you for making the world a , shall we say , more interesting place to be in . Top Cats , you are - David

SullyTM
04-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Mike...Your comments are right on...I tried to tip David but the look he gave me would have stopped a school of Shad traveling upstream! Also, toward the end of the day he flipped my 6 wt a few times and knew instantly that the sinking line I had on wasn't going to do the job. Sooooo, since I have an extra spool I'll be rigging it up before my next excursion to the AR. How's that for guide service?!! Thom

Jay Murakoshi
04-23-2005, 09:59 PM
David,

Thanks for the good report. It was a great day of fishing and yeah, Ken's 18 pounder. Like I mentioned in my email to you my theory on why the fish are hanging where there at. Now that has to make you stop and think about it. I'm charging up my batteries on the digital and as soon as I get it back up, I'll post a picture of the 21 pounder that Ken caught

Jay

David Lee
04-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Jay - that sure was a skinny Stripe .... I would have said 13 lbs. (STILL , better than what I caught !!) .
Hope ya didn't mind the "Mr. Natural" line .... You looked like you had a day-off of flying and was snaked-out on top of the hooch .... Cold one in hand .... and not a care in the world . To have you , Mike B. , Kenny , and Thom on the same bit of water was almost surreal ..... a very rare moment in life that , I'm sure , will never leave me .

There is a 40 in there w/ your name on it ..... I just hope I'm there to see it when it happens !!!! Regards , David

Jay Murakoshi
04-23-2005, 10:56 PM
David,

"Natural" is just fine. I was going to go further but Mike didn't want it in the boat... You know that commerical on TV where the guys driving the boat - well, I'm sure you've seen it before. Gotta soak up the sunshine when you can. I won't be recognizable when I get back from Baja.

Let me know when you want to go wading for the 40#

Jay

David Lee
04-23-2005, 11:19 PM
You're lucky .... I have a tendency towards skin cancer . My people come from a place of cold and rain , already had 20-some odd lumps frozen off my back/shoulders and need a few off the face .

Life is so complex sometimes ...... :?

Have a good trip , catch some fish and eat some , too :idea: David

k.hanley
04-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Crazy day. 18 pounder???? Heck by the time I got home and told my family about the 27 pounder I caught they couldn't believe it. Neither could I! :lol: It was pretty cool having all you guys be part of the scene.
Cheers, Ken

Darian
04-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Ya Know Ken,.... Now that David mentioned it looked kinda skinny,.... it looked a lot like you and Mike were stretching that fish on the Boga... :wink: :wink: . You didn't by any chance have any lead shot in your pocket on that trip didja :?: :?: :P :P :P