PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's Fly Shop annual Fly Fishing Expo is this Saturday

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-18-2005, 11:22 PM
http://www.kiene.com/images/kieneexpo05.jpg

April 23, 2005, Saturday @ 9am till 5pm.

Casting demos and casting contests with prizes.

Top fly tiers that you can sit and talk with.

Manufacturer's representatives will have new 2005 products to show you.

Free hot dogs and sodas from noon till 1:30pm.

Local fly clubs will be there.

Local guides will be there with their boats.

Door prizes @ noon and 2pm.

Bring the family. It is a big social event for many.

OregonSalmon
04-19-2005, 07:51 AM
What no keg??? Guess I'll just stay inside the fenceline at The Compound in Hamlet and work on my horseshoe game. I'm thinkin' all that flycasting over the years has ruined my natural underhand toss. Can you throw horseshoes overhand?.....I'll find out today.

Darian
04-19-2005, 09:24 AM
OS,.... If beer'll bring you out of the "Compound at Hamlet", there's a great brew-pub across the street from the shop 8) 8) :D

mike N
04-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Hey Bill,

Do you have a schedule of even times? I would like to show for the casting demonstration and competition, but I can't spend the entire day hanging out at the shop.

I look forward to the expo and am sure it will be a hit as always.

Miken

PS
Can I cast in the competition this year? I want to give those kids from Redding a chance at retribution. :)

OregonSalmon
04-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Not quite sure I want to leave the friendly fenceline of The Compound for the Expo. My paranoia of the government is only eclipsed by my fear of God, and considering my numerous transgressions over the years, I'm pretty sure I don't want to stand in the middle of a bunch of fishermen (well aka LIARS!!!) waving graphite sticks in the air. Just to darn easy for the Man Upstairs to pluck me off with a bolt of lightening. The electric dagger could be so severe as to wipe out the brewpub, and I don't want to go through eternity knowing that the collateral damage of my sins took fellow beer drinkers.
Think I'll stay inside the fenceline (not really a fence, two small tributaries of the Necanicum guard the property) , barbeque, work on the horseshoe game and hope no loggers assult my tree huggin' body and soul.

Leo
04-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Just got back from a teriffic day at the Expo, met many old friends and fishing fibbers. For you old timers like me don't miss too many of these as I was just a young whipper snapper not too long ago. Where did the time go???????? Keep up the good work Bill.
Leo

Bob Scheidt
04-24-2005, 09:11 AM
I know there were 6 guys from Fresno up there. That is a 6 hour drive, round trip, give or take a little. Kiene's expo day is the best. J. Fair, Ken Hanley, and Lee Haskins were the ones I could eves drop on as I sat near them in the tying room. Those guys are some talented people, and they like to share what they have learned thru the years.
The product reps were great and relaxed, no signs of stress or pressure.
Plenty of good chow and beverages too.
I had a 7 year old girl tie a fly. Lucky for me it came out good for her, she tied it and her dad was impressed.
The comraderie was great, good bunch of flyfishers around Sacramento.
Hal Jansen showed up to, awesome flyfishing fraternity there that day.

Thanks to all,
Bob Scheidt