PDA

View Full Version : The skunk is OFF !!!!

David Lee
04-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Hit the A this morning w/ board member and nice guy Jeff Goding and his brother Kevin . Great fishing with those two dudes , they are lots of fun !!!!
Thanks to a tip from a friend , I found a pod and landed 3 fish to just under 4 lbs.

http://members.sparedollar.com/fadoe/IM002030.JPG

Dropped 1 Steelie and landed a Smolt . Jeff landed a Smolt and Kevin lost a Sucker .

Nice day out there ...The water needs to warm before numbers of Stripes/Shad take the fly with some attitude . Hope the flows drop a little , as well .

David
PS - We were upstream of the mouth and downstream of Nimbus :twisted:

MSP
04-16-2005, 04:42 PM
PS - We were upstream of the mouth and downstream of Nimbus
I know that spot, you're giving away all your secrets :lol: Nice job David, glad you got things going!

David Lee
04-16-2005, 04:48 PM
About friggin' time , Mike !

I was starting to wonder if I'd lost something over the winter . Sure was nice having those Stripey Devils chase down some fake food (one on a #2/0 W.K. Sea-habit , the others on a 1/0 Rainbow Trout Clouser) .

It takes so little to make me happy ...... David

PS - Should have said I got 'em on the Feather :twisted: :twisted:

Jasonh
04-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Nice stripe David. Sounds like they are starting to feed a bit more. It will only be a matter of weeks before the bite is really on.

Jason Hartwick

LostInTheFog
04-16-2005, 09:20 PM
David,

It looks like we were there a bit earlier than you were. Still, if the fish are cooperating...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/dbrosier/Stripers_05/FirstFish_AR_0416.jpg

Hairstacker
04-16-2005, 09:37 PM
All right, great job guys!! David, I can tell you're a happy camper! :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-16-2005, 11:14 PM
We have had reports for the past four days that stripers and shad are in the river from Goethe Park downstream to the mouth.

The next 3 to 6 weeks could be real good.

Jgoding
04-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Hey guys,

It wasn't David's fault it was light out when we got there LOL!! I barely got 3 hours of sleep and managed to wake up w/o the alarm 10 minutes before we were supposed to pick him up (ok, 7am, light out anyways, but we got out around 8am I think).

Anyways, had great fun watching David catch those fish. Bagged that first one not 10 minutes on the water. Learned a lot and even got a how to on casting a sink tip which I manged my 13" chromer (on my atomic stonefly nymph!!) I even caught a turtle and a 'dad!! (and yes, both are still swimming around and no, I did not catch them with my rod...).

Gonna try to hit the upper river tomorrow in the evening if I feel better and get out of work early (damn cold and damn work)!!

Oh yeah, I took that picture of DJL with his first stripe of the year... I feel so honored!!

Jeff

Adam Grace
04-17-2005, 01:01 PM
No more stripe!

Good for you David, I love your hat, very floppy!

David Lee
04-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Got to have a floppy hat ... I like Don's hat a lot !!

Hats are a funny thing - I have a hell of a time wearing "new"ones ... My fave (besides the flop-hat) is my dad's old Jones cap . He was hunting Ducks in that one before I was born . Sadly , its falling apart as we speak , can't wash it anymore ...

Funny story - I walked into Kienes a few years ago at closing time . I was wearing the funky old duck-hat , Bill was there ....

Bill looks at the hat , an' says "How much do you want for that hat"??

I say "There's no amount of money" ....

David

Hairstacker
04-18-2005, 11:35 AM
David, I agree with you, hats are a funny thing. I'm always looking out for one that I don't look ridiculous in (to me, probably still look absurd to everyone else, ha). So far, I've acquired two. I noticed you still haven't taken to that new one you picked up a little while ago. Just run over it a few times in the car, you'll start to like it. :lol:

Darian
04-18-2005, 03:22 PM
David,.... Your floppy hat makes you look a lot like Bill Murray in "Ground Hog Day" :P :P :P :P :P :P