PDA

View Full Version : Slowness on Message Board?

Gregg Machel
04-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Does anyone else experience intermittent slowness on the message board? To me it seems like sometimes I click on a message or an option and there is up to a one minute delay before it either comes up or times out. I'm trying to figure out if it's just me, or perhaps there is an issue with the web server.

Hairstacker
04-16-2005, 12:19 AM
I've experienced it on occasion too, although it's a lot better than it was a little while back. I don't think it's you, as I've experienced it on a couple of computers.

Darian
04-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Gregg,.... The subject has come up on other threads, here. The BB does crawl.... :x :x I've disabled my "time out" function as I've lost the text of several notes due to timing out while the note was in the process of posting.... :x If I read it correctly, Bill is acquiring some new software to update the BB 8) . If correct, that may solve the problem. :D :D

rrivera
04-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Might be time to compress some data. I know when my systems lags, I make sure to clean or compress any archive log files on any programs that may take up disk space.

Adam Grace
04-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Yah I think that the saldjflaj files are cross referencing the pkjf files and that needs to be compressed into a zip file on the main frame in the server with the 1,000,000 gig hard drive.

Don't forget to back up that data onto the external hardive aparatus thingy.

But that's just my humble opinion. :lol:

Darian
04-17-2005, 08:33 PM
WOW :!: :!: :!: I'm impressed Adam..... I always thought the mainframe was the female physical fitness intsructor at my racquet club :roll: :roll: :P :P

Darian
04-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Just a quick example of the snail pace of the MB.... 8) I sent 10 messages to participants of the April Fly Swap on April 8th and, as of today, one of those messages is still in my outbox remaining to be sent.... :x The others were sent at varying intrervals during the interim period. :? :? None were sent during the first 24 hours. :? :?

Hairstacker
04-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Darian, it is my impression, although I may be mistaken, that sent messages remain in the "outbox" until the recipient logs on. So, I suspect that one message is still sitting in there because whoever you sent it to hasn't logged in to the board since you sent it.

Darian
04-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi Mike,.... The addressee of the outgoing message has signed on and posted several times since the 8th. The latest was the 16th. :? :? :?

Hairstacker
04-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, so much for that theory. I thought it might be true as I had sent a message to Thom and it sat in the outbox until he got back from vacation.

gryhackl
04-18-2005, 07:28 PM
I wish my fishing was going as well as this site.

Darian
04-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Not wanting to be a poor sport, but I checked my "OUTBOX" today to see if all of the ten messages I sent on 4/8 were actually sent.... :?: :?:

One remains unsent as of today..... :? :? :?