PDA

View Full Version : Report from "The Compound" in Hamlet Oregon

OregonSalmon
04-15-2005, 10:44 AM
You'd think it is enough to pay the government today, but nooooooooo!!!! Seems some black project on rainmaking paid off for the agents have been working the clouds in these parts rendering the rivers unfishable, just at the time when the large wild girls and boys take their annual sexcapade up the Nehalem. Darned if my name didn't come up on the radar screen at the most inappropriate time. You'd think probing aleins underneath Groom Lake would keep the buggers busy enough to leave innocent ol' me alone but I guess my comment on the First Lady's butt ruffled some feathers in Washington. Shoot.
Speaking of feathers, there is that darned Stellar's Jay peering in the window at me from his safe perch on the spruce. I know that damned bird has been flying out messages over the fenceline.
Remember, if THEY all aren't out to git' ya, you aren't trying hard enough.

David Lee
04-15-2005, 11:00 AM
OS - you're NOT paranoid :idea: ..... Guv Arnold has Kingfishers keeping tabs on me (to make sure I don't snag :twisted: Sea-Lions :twisted: ) .

Damm Austrian politicos .... David

Darian
04-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Remember, just cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you :!: :!: :shock: :twisted:

Ya know, I must've received some strange enlightenment from the Metaxa after dinner. I thought I read something in a note about the first lady's butt :?: :shock: :P :P

OregonSalmon
04-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Hamlet is in the north corner of the state, about 14 inland from the coast, and paranoia runs rampent up here. It is apparent it has rubbed off on me!!!!
I'll keep you 'southin boys updated on north coast Ore-E-Gone feeshin'. The next critter on the plate are spring salmon, but the early returns from the Columbia have been awful so I doubt the coastal streams will fair better. The Earth was a bit dry four years ago in these parts.
Thinking about it: we have a presidential election every four years, Chinook on average return every four years.....hhhhmmmm....I'm seeing a conspriacy in this but I'm not quite sure what it is....yet.

Darian
04-16-2005, 04:39 PM
I LOVE IT :!: :!: :!: At last, another paranoid, borderline anarchist in the world, besides me :lol: :lol:

Can we talk.... :?: :?: :?: I've got a few good ones, too....... :roll: We can talk water politics, lumbering, etc..... :wink: :wink:

OregonSalmon
04-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Love those water politics and I live in a timber community!!! They won't let me drink at the local watering hole after I claimed myself to be a tree hugger. Even better is the neighbor in the next farm (most parcels up here are old homesteads, about 60 acres): Eddie Horsney aka "The Rogue Logger of Clatsop County". Eddie has lived all his 75 years cutting timber so you can see these new rules don't go well with him so Ed would just ignore them then ignore the fines accrued. Well this got the attention of THE GOVERNOR four years back who personally drafted legislation to make it a criminal offense if your unpaid fines become too delinquient and they threw Eddie in jail!!!! Gotta be a bummer when the Governor has his eye on ya.
Lived in Bend a year ago and water politics is big there. Was even threatening to run for the position of Watermaster. Don't think I would have cornered the pro-development vote but would have kicked ass in the trout vote but they have a problem getting to the polls.

SullyTM
04-27-2005, 10:30 AM
OS...WATER POLITICS!!! Nothing gets Northern Californian's going than when Sacratomato politicans start talking about diverting H2O south to the Dizzyland crowd! Hopefully, you'll have enough water in the rivers and streams in Oregon to assist the fish...Thom

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Geller,

You are looking as old and narly as I am. We would look like twins out there.