PDA

View Full Version : The American on Monday , April 11th -

David Lee
04-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Hey y'all , spent the weekend working in the garden w/ the wife :cry: , so no reports . Tomorrow , I'm spending the entire day on the lower river :idea: , so if anyone wants to hook-up (no pun ...) , drop me a line tonight and I'll let on where I'll be .

Flows still stable at 3500 CFS +/- , so things should be hoppin' ! Hopefuly Stripe will be there and be hungry ... If not , there's plenty of Steelhead to pick-up the slack .

If you have the chance , get out sometime this week - the weather is the best of the year (not too hot , not too cold ) , and you have a shot at some nice fishes before the horde comes out in search of Shad . Just about ANYTHING is possible this month , so go get 'em :!:

:mrgreen: David :mrgreen:

Jasonh
04-10-2005, 03:26 PM
David, i was just in the shop and Andy mentioned that a customer landed a nice 8 lb striper around the harrington access this morning. He said teh fish was chasing smolt on the surface. They are there. I cannot make it tomarrow but maybe another day.

Jason

David Lee
04-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the heads-up , Jason .... I've heard of a good school at the thousand-yard drift .

I've also heard people are poaching that run at night .

With any luck , I will find the water above 56 degrees and some happy Stripes to play with . Sorry we couldn't get together and chase them , maybe next time . David

Jasonh
04-10-2005, 05:50 PM
David, i took the water temp thus morning at campus commons and it was right on 56 at 9 o'clock. Fished for a couple of hours and only had one bump on a smolt pattern, probably a small half pounder.

Jason

David Lee
04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks again , Jason - that's the number I was hoping for !! Looks like a bit of cloud cover is coming in ... that's a good sign , also wind from W/SW (the East wind is the kiss of death on the river IMO) .

What a drag .... Sorry you didn't get any takers . But you know the drill ... Some days they bite , some days they don't . How long are ya in town for ?? David