PDA

View Full Version : My first boat was a Sears Jon in 1963

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-09-2005, 06:27 PM
http://www.kiene.com/images/oldboat.jpg

I guess it would work pretty good for Stripers right now in the Lower American River?

Darian
04-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Bill,..... My first boat was a TPL pram, 8' in length 8) . Bought it from you in your first store during 1976. :D Still have it but the gunwales are beginning to deteriorate.... Lotsa good memories from fishing in that pram 8) 8) .

Unfortunatley, I didn't take any pictures of it or the action from it. :( :(

Hairstacker
04-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Cool picture Bill! Those were the days when you could open up a Sears catalogue and see an entire selection of boats and motors. Sadly, the catalogue is gone and the boats disappeared from the stores as well. :(

Tracy Chimenti
04-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I bought a little blue, fireglass "Lintrolo" 14-foot bass boat w/ 6HP Merc when I was 18. Took it all over the place-- river, valley lakes. It was used as a tobogan a few times and the bottom had been patched. Good little boat. Many fine memories. Bought a trolling motor (display item) for it at Ewoldts-- Mike said I should by that before the depth-finder. Trolling motor was all steel (WOW!).

Saw the old girl twice after I sold it, once, 15-years ago, in front of Mountain Hardware when I was going up to fish Davis; the other, a few years ago at Silver Lake, where it was a rental boat... and probably a tobogan to boot!

I'd buy her back now just for the hell of it.

Tracy

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-11-2005, 10:47 PM
I have sense learned to put some weight in the bow to keep it down.