PDA

View Full Version : Yuba Report, Just for you Jason

MSP
04-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Fished the yuba today. Arrived around 10:30, a little chilly with the wind blowing both up and down the river. Not much of a hatch, PMD here and there and a March Brown here and there. Water looked great but I think the low pressure system put the fish down. In the past with the amount of flies on the water there were quite a few fish rising. Enough to keep you busy most of the day. Today only a sporadic rise here and there. Most of the rises I had were from 6 - 8" fish. Did manage 2 nicer fish 13" and 18". Could only get them to rise on a PMD. Only fished dries so maybe the nymphing may have been better. Did see a drift boat get a nice fish in front of me indo fishing a nymph. I thought the guy was going to bounce the fish into the boat. Nice day to be out though. Water clarity was around 3' running around 1,600cfs. Should get better depending on the weather the next few days. No pics today, I'm sure ya'll have seen enough of my hand. Not much pressure with 5 cars parked under the bridge and not a soul down river! :D

BTW: Thanks David for showing me your piece of the river yesterday. Had a great time regardless of only getting a few smolts. Wish you would have gotten that fish in at Paradise Beach. :cry: It looked photo worthy by the bend in your rod!

David Lee
04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
MSP puttin' the hurt (or about to) to some unlucky Smolts !! Below Mike , there be some MONSTERS !!!!
http://members.sparedollar.com/fadoe/IM002021.JPG
If you look closely at the upper-righthand of the photo , you'll see linemen on top of that big electric pylon . There isn't enough money in the world to make me take a job like THAT one !!
If any of you have a chance to fish with MSP .... do it . He has the "focus" that most great fishermen have . What's the old saying ?? "10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish" ?? I think he's in that group !! Great time , Mike .... Let's get out again , soon . David

PatrickM
04-07-2005, 10:31 PM
That spot looks familiar. Any striped monsters showing up yet, David?

David Lee
04-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Hey !! PM ! How are ya ??
Stripe is a bit chilly right now (and there are large Sea-Lions chasin' them) , so I haven't nailed one yet .
Lots of Steelies still around , same bite as when you and I went out . It's just a matter of time before everything out there gets going . Some stable weather would be nice for a change :roll: . Shad are due in a couple of weeks , and I think we'll have Steelhead around most of the spring/early summer (plenty of cold water to keep them here) .

Your Feather trip was a bit slow , I see ... Planning any trips anytime soon ?? David

Jasonh
04-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the report mike. Hopefully teh weather will stay ok and will make for some decent fishing on monday. Lokking forward to getting home and on teh water.

Jason